Please note that this is a 9 months contract position.
Our client is seeking an Information Systems Project manager with a strong IT and network infrastructure background to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
You will become a member of the Program Management office which provides Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, development organizations and clients with experienced Information Technology Project Managers to lead IT projects
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Leads a team of experienced IT Service Providers and vendors to acquire, build, and install infrastructure projects
• Compiles project data and reports on status of key projects to management.
• Consult with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of network infrastructure plans and designs, and includes emerging technology and product supportability into design and implementation.
• Provide team with data analysis for provisioning orders in bulk to multiple network service providers using Excel and MS Access; some billing reconciliation issues.
• Serve as liaison between network and IT engineers, development team and customer management.
• Provide advanced support for the diagnosis and resolution of complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical systems and applications.
• Manage large scale IT tech refreshes.
• Resolves all issues and action items
• Ensure that projects are completed on-time
• Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
• Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
• Create detailed project plans, schedules, risk logs, issue logs, communication plans, change control processes, schedule and lead meetings, escalate issues, and others
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
• Demonstrated strong project/program management skills on an IT or network infrastructure team
• Experience with large infrastructure projects
• Experience with network/IT security in a government based secure environment
• Familiarity with agile and waterfall project methodologies
• Experience with enterprise wide implementations
• Experience holding people accountable in a matrix organizational environment
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• Experience managing program based projects, as well as a project portfolio of up to 40 projects
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A3221.