- Skilled in different types of computer hardware
- mobile devices
- peripherals and components
- networking protocols and communications.
- Installing and imaging new computers and loading of appropriate software for customers. Installing local and network printers and other peripherals.
- Migrating data and user profiles.
- Documenting process and procedures related to technical support activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and a working experience with ServiceNow call tracking system.
Position: Desktop Support Specialist (Onsite)
Location: Raleigh, NC. 12 Months
Employment type: C2C.
***This is an onsite position!
This request is for a Desktop Support Specialist to assist Client Services Field Region 3 and to help support the high number of Service Desk requests, hardware installations, and customer software support required for this assignment. **TRAVEL REQUIRED**
- Client Services analysts use technical expertise, with understanding of business and user needs, to evaluate IT related incidents and service desk tickets in order to appropriately prioritize and provide appropriate solutions.
- A Client Services analyst will promote positive customer relationships and mentors’ teammates to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success.
- Client Services takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve these incidents and problems.
- An analyst will communicate status and progress to the customers in a timely professional manner.
- All analysts will also provide updates on work progress to Customer Support Specialists and the Service Desk using the call tracking system.
- A qualified candidate will possess significant technical knowledge and serves as a team member with other analysts to help solve complex problems. Skills include proficiencies with different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications.
- A qualified analyst will know how to image new computers and install the appropriate software for customers.
- The analyst must know how to install local and network printers along with other peripherals such as scanners.
- An analyst will be responsible for migrating and protecting user data and profiles as computers are replaced.
- A candidate should be able to show how they stay abreast of current technologies to better the end users working environment.
- A Client Services analyst can identify emerging trends relating to issues and problems, then researches and makes suggestions of solutions to solve current and prevent future problems.
- Client Services analysts communicate with Data Center Operations when modifying user data storage, DHCP reservations, data restores, various account creations and modifications (AD, email, NCID, CITRIX, etc.).
- The CS analyst will collaborate with application development teams to identify application issues at the customer level and provide technical detail for development teams to accurately identify problems within applications and provide solutions.
- Also, a CS analyst will work with network infrastructure teams to identify network issues at the customer level and provide significant technical detail to assist in network hardware resolutions.
Qualified candidates will have the skill to lead projects that require directing the work of others with some latitude on actions or decisions. The candidate should be able to lead team efforts, at the direction of the local Client Services supervisor and/or other management.
This position participates in creating and maintaining documentation of processes and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for (i.e. – software installs, profile transfers, PC replacements). This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work. This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external).
It is the responsibility of all Client Services staff to be aware of DOT and DIT security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which this position is responsible. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, transferring or usage in a manner inconsistent with IT Security Policies and standards.Skill matrix required:
|Skill||Required / Desired||Required Experience||Consultant Experience|
Skilled in different types of computer hardware, mobile devices, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications.
• Installing and imaging new computers and loading of appropriate software for customers.
• Installing local and network printers and other peripherals.
• Migrating data and user profiles.
• Documenting process and procedures related to technical support activities.
• Demonstrates knowledge and a working experience with ServiceNow call tracking system.