HTC Global Services wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At HTC Global you'll collaborate with experts. You'll join successful teams contributing to our clients' success. You'll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance your career with the latest emerging technologies.
At HTC Global Services our consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, and a variety of other perks.
The software engineer role is critical in ensuring data integrity and availability. Collaborate closely with other seasoned developers and data engineers to create and maintain connected vehicle data products by supporting design, development, and transformation of our current and future products.
In addition, you will:
- Advanced knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform ecosystem with a focus on Big Query.
- Designing and coding Big Query to analyze data collections.
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified.
- Participate in design, delivery estimates and code reviews.
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions, and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed.
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software.
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software.
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system.
- Determine and execute the software deployment process and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop data quality and validation routines.
- 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic).
- Building Big Data pipelines for operational and analytical solutions.
- Running and tuning queries in databases including Big Query, SQL Server.
- Data Management - including running queries and compiling data for analytics.
- Experience with developing code in one or more languages such as Java, Python and SQL.
- 1+ year experience in cloud native development and deployment.
- Agile methodologies.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries needed to query & analyze data.
- Ability to communicate complex solution concepts in simple terms.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Experience programming and producing working models or transformations with modern programming languages.
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with few technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Teradata, Tableau, Qlik or Other.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate well with others, to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.
- Demonstrated customer focus, with the ability to evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer, build strong customer relationships, and create processes with customer viewpoint.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions.
- Change oriented, with the ability to actively generates process improvements, support and drives change, and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Resourceful and quick learner, with the ability to efficiently seek out, learn, and apply new areas of expertise, as needed.
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently.
- At least 3+ years of experience with the required skills.
- Certification: Google Professional Data Engineer.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or Data Engineering, Certification: Google Professional Data Engineer.