- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
HYBRID - MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Location; San Diego, CA (hybrid)
The Manager, Software Engineering, has the responsibility of managing software engineers that deliver solutions. The manager will focus on driving product development technical excellence through streamlined operational practices, emphasis on high quality code delivery across multiple products.
- Works closely with product managers and product design engineers to design and develop software modules.
- Hands-on manager that contributes to code deliverables and oversees day-to-day development activities.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Oversees junior and intermediate front-end developers.
- Provide architectural direction.
- Manage CM and code delivery process.
- Work with development teams and product managers on requirements and implementation.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Ensure that software engineering teams have all the necessary equipment, tools, and support to perform tasks successfully.
- Manage interfaces between the engineering team and other teams to ensure smooth and effective relationships.
- Conduct code review and ensure adherence to architectural guidelines.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Required: U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain DoD ADP and VA High Risk Background clearance, upon hire, required and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Science and Electronic Engineering.
- Required: Management experience minimum 4+ years.
- Required: Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including object-oriented analysis, design, and programming, software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Required: SQL, Database schema design, and analysis.
- Required: A Server-side language such as Java, Python, PHP, C / C++.
- Required: Background in OS platforms: Linux - RedHat, CentOs, Ubuntu, HPUXA Server-side language such as Java, Python, PHP, C / C++.
Additional Desired Skills
- Desired: Ag-grid or another JS component library.
- Desired: Git and GitHub workflow, CI/CD pipeline.
- Desired: CSS, HTML Modules.
- Desired: Node-based builds and NPM packages.
- Desired: TypeScript.
- Desired: Material UI (MUI).
- Desired: In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.