STG is a Preferred Vendor of a major Automotive Firm in MI. The client is actively looking for multiple Packaging Engineer. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019. STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded. These positions are based in Auburn Hills, MI for a large Fortune 500 Automotive firm. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
Description: This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of tires. Other responsibilities include quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction, efficiency improvements and communicating technical product status to management.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or Chemistry degree from an ABET accredited university.
• 3+ years of experience of of Wheel / Tire product development background, wheel / tire manufacturing background, wheel and tire assembly processing knowledge
• Product quality systems understanding, ability to write and execute a DVP&R for a wheel/tire system application, DFMEA working knowledge.
• Chassis system/component engineering experience.
• Solid understanding of system/component design/development.
• Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
• General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP.
• Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams
• Vehicle dynamics background.
• Quality / reliability engineering knowledge.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – TRE (MI).
You can reach me at two four eight-seven one two-six seven three one.