Wits Solutions Inc. (WITS) is a SBA certified 8(a) company with headquarters in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. WITS has been providing best-in-class solutions in professional IT and administrative consulting to various Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. At WITS, we believe in working not for our clients but with them. This is why right from the beginning; our analysts and solution-builders work closely with our clients to ensure that the project outcomes continue to deliver value long into the future.
Job Purpose: This position is a critical role in support of increasing business development by leading, writing and coordinating winning proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, coordinate and manage responses to federal government solicitations, coordinating the efforts of internal and partner company resources in line with an established process.
- Create, write, and revise proposals and materials as required. This includes but is not limited to: Requests for Proposals (RFPs)/Requests for Information (RFIs), Task Orders, and PowerPoint presentations. Prepare each section of the proposals (resumes, past performance, compliance matrix, outline and management approach).
- Manage all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; and coordinate inputs from technical team, management, and finance departments.
- Understand and interpret the technical aspects of an RFP, as well as prepare, review and/or edit RFP/RFI responses.
- Support planning and analysis of RFPs, writing and collecting customer questions, outlining proposals, conducting compliance checks, participating in proposal reviews, supporting proposal production, and participating in Lessons Learned reviews.
- Perform edits, tone, compile and ensure a good flow across all proposal volumes
- Maintain company past performance/capabilities database and related write-ups.
- Develop creative presentations of past accomplishments (accolades, awards, CPARS ratings, etc.).
- Maintain and communicate regular detailed reports such as Weekly Activity Reports and Pipeline Reports.
- Ensure compliance to proposal instructions, evaluation criteria, and performance work statement
- Support general technical writing duties (e.g., meeting minutes, action items, agendas, reports, meeting materials, standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents, and other technical deliverables).
- 5+ years of federal proposal writing and coordination experience
- Ability to handle volume, multi-tasking and work in fast phased environment to meet response deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive understanding of capture plans and proposal development lifecycle processes including colour team reviews
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, writing, marketing, or related field
- Strong history of winning government technology proposals.
- Proven ability to develop deliverables that are compliant with stated instructions and submitted on time.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated understanding of winning proposal writing methodologies.