application developmentproblem resolutiondatabase managementtroubleshooting
The Senior Application Developer works with minimum supervision, typically regarding matters requiring greater technical expertise. Acts as a mentor and shares knowledge with team members to help develop and improve knowledge, skills, and performance. Serves as a primary resource for application design, enhancement, and problem resolution. This position acts as a backup to the Application Development Manager. The Senior Application Developer must provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services Team.
Examples of Duties
- Manages application development projects delegated by the team manager.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements custom software applications using secure coding practices.
- Monitors and maintains existing applications to ensure security, integrity, and peak performance, including enhancements and modifications to existing applications.
- Creates cohesive database objects that represent business solutions, including tables, stored procedures, database queries, views, and triggers.
- Converts and translates external data to usable and optimized data to be imported into the database for use by new or existing applications.
- Develops and supports integrations from multiple applications.
Acts as a primary resource for problem management and resolution.
- Provides assistance and training on existing applications to county employees.
- Creates and maintains custom reports to enhance judicial system reporting services.
- Handles service request escalations from entry and intermediate-level positions.
- Assists the Application Development Manager with the maintenance of database and web servers.
- Mentors and trains team members to help develop and improve knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Assigns service requests and/or projects to team members as directed by the team manager.
- Collaborate with other team members on projects.
- Supervises, directs, and leads the team in the absence of the team manager.
- Improves and maintains knowledge and skills necessary for senior designation.
- Reviews work product of entry and intermediate positions to ensure adherence to policies, department procedures, and best operational and security practices.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and recommends new technologies.
- Provides weekly written reports to the Application Development Manager.
- Follows county policies and best practices related to information security; exercises good judgment to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Denton County computer systems and electronic records; supports compliance with CJIS, HIPAA, and other information security regulations.
Displays and reflects the culture, mission, vision, values, and direction of the department.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of three years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience are required.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Preferred.
- The position may require various computer or technical-related certifications.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.