An innovative global automotive company is on a mission to revolutionize freedom of mobility by building the next generation of mobility ecosystem with the hybrid eVTOL vehicle at its core. As part of the work, you will be asked to lead the people, processes, and tools to meet the air vehicle load analysis needs of the new conceptual aircraft. It also includes working with engineering to develop the new aircraft design concept from the load and vibration optimization design standpoint.
Daily duties include developing the static, fatigue, and dynamic loads and the analysis, including but not exclusive to the following:
- Generating and analyzing aircraft static load analysis for nominal and failure scenarios.
- Generating and analyzing aircraft structural dynamic responses and corresponding load distributions for tuned and continuous gust conditions.
- Generating and analyzing structural stiffness requirements.
- Generating and analyzing all aspects of aeroelasticity.
- Analyzing and testing system dynamic loads, and aircraft vibration.
- Documenting completed analysis in engineering reports for aircraft certification.
- Collaborating with all related engineering teams on technical matters.
- Working with engineering to develop the new aircraft design concept and the safety strategy during normal and emergency operation from load and vibration aspects.
- Periodically report the status of the load team to top management.
- General knowledge of aircraft structure analysis.
- General knowledge of aircraft aeroelasticity principles and concepts.
- General knowledge of 14 CFR Part 23 or 25 requirements and certification.
- Prior experience with MSC Nastran.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A combination of education and experience commensurate with becoming an expert in the field of aerospace engineering:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, aerospace or related field of study and 15 years of aerospace work experience.
- Master’s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, aerospace or related field of study and 12 years of aerospace work experience.
- Understands the rotorcraft certification per FAR 27 and 29.
- Understands the requirement of operations specifications per FAR 91, FAR 121, and 135.
- Understands the Fly-By-Wire aircraft certification.
- Experience with aeroservoelasticity.
- Knowledge and experience with CFD analysis toolsets.
- Experience with preparation for and execution of aircraft-level certification ground and flight tests.
- Familiarity with other SE process tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Subversion, etc.
- FAA-certified airplane or rotorcraft pilot license.
- Unmanned UAV control certification/skill.
Location: Southern California (onsite)
Submit resumes to