Business System Administrator
Responsible for day-to-day administration of business and cloud systems, applications and databases. Oversee and execute tasks pertaining to the maintenance and administration of systems, databases and file systems. Working with the Managing Director of Information Technology to plan, design, install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize core business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
(OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
Full ownership of maintaining business systems including:
- Day-to-day O365 administration, level 2 business application support, level 2 Exchange & Barracuda filtering support, user account lifecycle tasks, FTP user administration, certificate renewals, backup monitoring and maintenance, level 2 web application and database support, email deliverability maintenance, help desk support.
- Exchange Online, Exchange 2016, Azure Portal Services, Azure AD, Windows AD, Office 365 including SharePoint online, OneDrive, Teams and other O365 systems/apps.
- Microsoft Great Plains (GP) accounting system, Cloud-based HRIS, Management Reporter (MR), spam filtering systems and web security systems such as Barracuda, Forcepoint, Websense.
- Administer and support Office 365 and MS Exchange policies including mail flow rules, message traces, retention policies, spam filtering, data loss prevention, eDiscovery holds and compliance, journal rules, archiving, SPF, DKIM, DMARC configuration and policies, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols etc.
- Microsoft SQL server administration, on-site and cloud based VOIP system and exposure to Dynamics 365.
- Install, upgrade, and manage systems, databases, applications.
- Monitor uptime, backups, security and other aspects of the core systems.
- Perform accounts administration including security/permissions and maintenance tasks.
- As required, perform backups and restore tasks.
- Develop and maintain processes for optimizing system security.
- Ensure integrity and security across multiple systems and domains.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging technologies.
- Administer and support system backup and disaster recovery processes.
- Design, configure and test networking system software.
- Upgrade systems with new versions, releases and models.
- Operate tools to monitor the performance of systems, databases and applications.
- Draft and maintain internal technical documentation and manuals for applicable systems, applications and databases.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of and experience in configuring and maintaining business systems in a Microsoft Windows, Exchange, SQL, Dynamics and Office 365 environment.
- Windows server OS 2012, 2016, Exchange Online, Exchange 2016, Office 365, SFTP, Dynamics 365, SQL Server 2008, 2012R2, 2016, VPN, DNS, SMTP, Azure Portal, Azure AD, SIEM, Web and SPAM filtering, SSL certificates, PowerShell scripting, GPO, HP enterprise MSA storage, Barracuda backup appliances, VM Ware, V-Sphere, Database Activity Monitoring, AD, Domain Controllers.
- Deep experience in administration and management aspects of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft systems and technologies such as Great Plains, Dynamics 365 CRM and cloud systems and technologies. Windows Server configuration and management; Exposure to network and backup appliances.
- General Windows infrastructure administration including AD and DNS administration and PowerShell scripting.
- Server and Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration
- Network fundamentals, understanding of DNS, DHCP, VLANs
- Exposure to firewalls, LAN, WAN, Colo, VPN, DNS, Wi-Fi, VoIP, Cloud Systems, Windows OS, Web Servers, VMWare, Databases, MSA storage and other server room, network and cloud systems/components.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in information and/or telecommunication systems or comparable extensive applicable technical experience and certifications.
- At least 5 years of experience working experience in a similar role in organizations/associations/ law firms, or in a similar professional services environment.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) preferred, Microsoft certifications, Office 365, Windows, SQL, Dynamics preferred, other pertinent Microsoft certifications considered.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management - Strong project management skills in a fast-paced and challenging technical environment; Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Detail-oriented with knowledge of grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in proofreading skills and strong communications skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use of motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require overtime. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime if needed. Currently operating on a hybrid work schedule with in-person requirements on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to The Consortium "Combining Talent with Technology" www.consortiuminc.com