- z/OS IBM mainframe
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time management
Mainframe Computing (MC) is a technology enabler for the business by providing a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host and enable business innovation/growth in our lines of business and global locations. MC consists of experienced administration, operations and engineering staff required to support the platform. In addition to flexible hours, the Firm enables its staff to work remotely. The mainframe engineers work with the latest hardware and software technologies. The IBM z platform and the mainframe disk and tape technologies are frequently refreshed across our datacenters.
Job for an ADABAS Operations DBA Responsibilities include:
- Monitor automation messages for database exception conditions.
- Analyze application and database performance problems. Initiates a shift turnover for issues or problems including any outstanding tickets, mails, abends, calls or messages that are still being worked on are communicated or handed over.
- Responsible for the creation, scheduling, and support of database backup and maintenance processes.
- Implement database turnover requests for all APG groups and application for all environments.
- Perform verification for database maintenance upgrades.
- Execute Weekend verification involving the running of the IVP and following up on outstanding reorgs, utilities, or replication tasks.
- Provide support and assistance for the database engineering groups for Weekend work.
- Support efforts for the database Performance Lab.
- Preparing for, coordinating, writing up and communicating the summary of the weekend work.
- Provide level one and level two support on database systems and address spaces.
- Implement changes to database subsystem variables.
- Monitor and read and respond to incoming mail and newsgroups relating to problems and questions.
- Providing level one and level two support of the utility suite of applications. Following the DTS procedures and policies for escalation and notification.
- Escalation to next Tier and/or management.
- Register events from clients into tracking tools.
- Performance weekend verification after infrastructure upgrades and system IPLs.
- Build tools to automate reporting, monitoring and improving platform stability.
- Test Upgrade and new product releases.
- Environment z/OS IBM mainframe.
- Adabas 8.5Natural 9.1Adabas Cluster Services.
- Adabas Parallel Services.
- Adabas Replication Services.
- Adabas Delta Save.
- Adabas Cache.
- Adabas Vista/Coordinator/FastPath.
Minimum EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- University Degree (B.S.) and at least 5 years technical experience.