What You Will Do
Leads the creation of a comprehensive end-to end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS) and is largely focused on large-scale, complex or enterprise projects. May also be accountable for complex programming / coding.
Candidate will lead and contribute to the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end solution with accountabilities for the technical delivery of the system and will be focused on, large to complex coding of projects. Candidate must be hands on and have design and debugging skills. must also possess implementation experience in the user interface layer.
- Responsible for developing and documenting detailed solution design within SDS and act as an application SME through the design and development lifecycle ensuring alignment with Architecture
- May also be accountable for complex applications/systems development, programming /coding
- Lead the creation of solution options and ultimately a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate relevant stakeholders, as required to support development initiatives
- Provide estimates for new projects and initiatives for the development / design component of the overall plan working with relevant team members / stakeholders
- Lead the development of functional, technical and user interface designs for an application / system that meets the defined requirements (business, enterprise architecture direction, system performance and development standards)
- Review technical deliverables throughout detailed design and development phase to ensure quality adherence and identify gaps or redesign requirements as needed
- Lead and work with the Technology Project Manager, Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application
- Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - including development of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
- Lead the delivery of effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
- Assist in the identification of opportunities to minimize cost, provide recommendations and/or deliver corresponding strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and to enhance stakeholder experience
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents / outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current with leading edge technologies, emerging trends / developments and grow expertise of the business, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Performs complex to difficult technical tasks independently
- Advanced knowledge of the business, technical environment, processes, tools, various and multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design, and other relevant technology areas
- Subject matter expert in at least one area of discipline and consults with clients / or project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware / software support, development of technical solutions and/or testing
- Works independently as the senior developer on a diverse range of activities and provides technical guidance to others to help resolve issues within area of expertise
- Leads the development of detailed, complex and/or comprehensive project plans and understands impact/risk of integrating third party solutions
- Provides expert advice, and/or acts in lead capacity on operational development in Java, with hands on experience in design, development, and implementation of applications for large enterprises.
Skills and Experience You Will Need
- Graduate degree or Technical Certificate in in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Working experience in Enterprise/ Financial Industry. Knowledge of bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications)
- 7+ years Managerial experience, leading development teams
- Strong experience coding, and able to provide subject matter expertise in Java.
- Spring Boot 2.5+ / Spring framework (for dependency injection and we also use Spring-WS to call SOAP)
- Consuming and Creating Restful services and Micro services
- JBoss application server experience. Alternatively, skills in WebSphere, or Tomcat accepted.
- Good skills in GIT, Jenkins
- Skill in Databases (MySQL)
- Development (J2EE and Web Services)
- Good experience developing Web Services (HTTP, XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written, diagrammatic and presentation form to all stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and be flexible in adapting processes to meet project needs
- Jira and confluence
- Highly organized, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and customer oriented
- Positive attitude and can work independently or in groups
- JSSE (for all kinds of encryption like SSO).
- Scripting (Java script, XSLT, ANT).
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, etc.).
Who We Are
GalaxE is a professional IT services firm that specializes in platform-driven solutions and the use of automation to achieve enterprise business transformation and mission-critical change for some of the largest companies in the world. Using our proprietary solution set, GxFource®, we apply machine learning techniques and predictive analytics tools as part of a broad artificial intelligence strategy that provides effective impact and data-driven business transformation.
Since its founding, GalaxE has been dedicated to advancing the benefits of technology. As we continue that legacy and look to the future, a focus on business enablement through agile, cost-efficient, and effective integration of people, process, and technology anchors our success. We revolutionize change in the costs of doing business that transform companies and their ability to leap beyond the competition.
At GalaxE we value people and are committed to diversity and inclusion where our employees are made to feel comfortable and are encouraged to be authentic. We focus on cultivating both traditional IT and non-traditional, new collar, workers through our Outsource to America®, program.
We are always looking for passionate, entrepreneurial-minded innovators and disrupters; game-changers that take ownership of the work they produce and bring it each and every day. Working with like-minded team members you will get a chance to discover, develop, and use cutting-edge technologies to transform the way we deliver creative business solutions.
Sound like you? Join us and find out for yourself what it means for you, and your career, to be part of the GalaxE team. Let’s build something, together. #WeAreGalaxE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 lbs., as needed
- Must be able to work on-site (corporate/client offices), as needed (not applicable for 100% remote roles)
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, and reach overhead.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, the ability to tolerate fluorescent lighting, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employees must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees requiring accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs, absent undue hardship.
For more information, please visit ;/a>