Remote Project Manager- SAP focused
Our manufacturing client’s IT Team is looking for a highly motivated technical SAP Project Manager to join their organization to help manage the expansion and growth of their platforms. The Project Manager will be responsible for project management, organization of initiatives, KPI’S, metrics, documentation, planning. Additional responsibilities will include estimates, resource and capacity planning and assisting in consolidating and prioritizing projects. Qualified candidates must possess prior SAP experience, be good problem solvers and effective communicators. This is a remote role that requires 2 international trips to Europe each year.
- Coordinate project activities with business leaders and act as a liaison between IT, business units and technology suppliers
- Understands analysis, design, build, implementation, and delivery of end-to-end solutions
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed
- Instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical team members
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots issues
- Work collaboratively with development teams and lead Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to determine the technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Utilize established PM processes and methodologies within IT to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers and technology suppliers.
- Handle test phases in coordination with IT teams
- Indirectly manages multiple teams of internal and external resources.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that affect the scope, budget, risk, issues and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Must possess advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Facilitate client and project team interactions including scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, incident management and release management
- Key point of contact for application-specific issues, questions, and solutions for customer leadership, staff, and other contractors
- Engage with all levels across the enterprise managing relationships and expectations
- Identify, understand, and work to mitigate issues and risks proactively with the project team, business partners, and leadership
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business
- Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or relevant field of work or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree strongly desired
- Knowledge of MS Visio, MS Project or other Project management tools
- ERP applications - SAP operational modules (SD-SM-MM-PP) experience a MUST
- Experience of working in a global manufacturing organization
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience as a Project Manager leading full lifecycle of projects
- Experience with methodologies i.e. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall (SDLC)
- Fact based critical analysis skills, strong negotiation skills and ability to motivate and influence teams
- Experience documenting technical complex ideas
- Project management experience managing individual projects; development of plans, the tracking and resolution of issues and the issuing of regular status reports.
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume for consideration. Only candidates eligible for fulltime hire without sponsorship will be considered at this time. No third parties please.
Sound Business Solutions (SBS) is a full service, equal opportunity IT and business consulting and staffing firm focused on delivering cost effective value-added services to our clients. We strive to provide a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment for our employees and view our clients not merely as customers, but as partners in business.