Summary of Position:
The Network Engineer is responsible for architecture, support, routing, switching, documentation, troubleshooting, transport topologies, network hardware, security, VoIP, customer relations, and all services within the infrastructure. It will provide the client with expert network design and daily operational support of the enterprise-wide network, including participation in planning, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination.
- Provide network administration for enterprise-wide support, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the Client’s local and wide area networks
- Plan, install, and maintain network equipment, security devices, and related hardware and software to maintain optimal performance and operation
- Assist in data center installs, provision network access ports and physical cable infrastructure for data center systems
- Ensures LAN/WAN environments are secure, and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed
- Work closely with the Security team in applying standards necessary to keep the network safe and secure from interruption
- Monitor performance of network devices to identify problems and bottlenecks, and provide evidence when it is not the network
- Monitor operations, identify and correct problems, and forecast resource requirements
- Work on network projects, independently and as part of a team, including routing protocol integrations; software upgrades; wireless networking initiatives; and security
- Create new and update existing documentation
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to Service and Support staff or less experienced Network Engineers
- Able to act as Technical Lead on projects, determine implementation approach, proactively suggest implementation improvements and technology standards to clients
- Take lead on projects, coordinate and supervise other project resources to ensure the overall project is completed successfully
- Coordinate and suggest internal process improvements that will enhance Denali’s ability to deliver outstanding service
- Provide clients with solutions to better support their stability and growth needs
- Will need to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solutions
- Ensures Accountability
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Decision Quality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses computers and other standard office machinery including but not limited to emails, faxes, multi-line phone, scanner, and others as deemed necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience with LAN and WAN technologies + wireless, to include:
- Experience with packets captures, routing protocols, security, wireless, network node scanning, VPNs, firewalls, network management platform, and ITIL framework
- Experience with installation, operations, maintenance, and support, to include routers, switches, hubs, sniffers, cabling, firewalls, IDS, VPN, Radius, Tacacs+, LDAP, etc.
- At least three years of experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Foundry equipment; Foundry and Juniper Certifications
- Basic knowledge and expertise in local and wide area networking, wired and wireless communications
- Basic knowledge of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing including dynamic routing protocols (specifically BGP and OSPF)
- Knowledge of software applications, and MS Office (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel & Access)
- Advanced understanding of security engineering experience, including firewall rule set construction and management, Intrusion Detection Systems, and network access control systems
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and customer service skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and others, interacting and maintaining a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret documents and technical procedures
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists
- Able to effectively prioritize heavy workload, meet tight deadlines, and solve a range of problems in straightforward situations
- Able to respond quickly in emergency situations and provide 24/7 on-call assistance as needed
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.