Location; Remote, US
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and managing full lifecycle support of our client's mission-critical systems to allow the business maximum capacity to deliver on critical needs. As part of the IT team, the Systems Administrator will be a key partner with the business users to provide business process analysis, process design / improvement, project planning, system development, implementation, and continued support of the day-to-day computing operations of the systems inside our client's IT footprint. The Systems Administrator will work as a functional and technical subject matter expert and be expected to perform tasks at a highly skilled level in the following: Azure Active Directory and Active Directory administration, email administration, Office365 administration, PowerShell scripting, Windows Server administration. Enterprise experience is strongly advantageous. Strong time-management, communication and organizational skills are considered basic requirements for this position.
- Provide day-to-day support on a range of our client's specific cloud and on-premises hardware and software applications and other related enterprise applications to associates. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Microsoft Azure and Office 365 Administration.
- Fundamental Azure systems administration including:
- Power Automate
- Exchange Administration
- Hybrid Azure Active Directory / On-prem Active Directory administration.
- Solutions design and administration of Microsoft Azure applications and O365.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to provide business solutions.
- PowerShell scripting experience is highly advantageous.
- Bulk Automation thru scripting or object-oriented programming language (e.g. VB.NET, C#).
- Windows Operating Systems.
- Security software and hardware.
- Hardware support including, but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, copiers, scanners, and associated peripherals required to run the business.
- Develops system configuration and process documentation.
- Analyze, Design and Create - Based on analysis of current processes, workflows, systems design, the Systems Administrator will develop technical designs and implement software solutions to support business process and security improvements.
- Development opportunities may include creating low-to-no-code automation workflows using our client's approved tools.
- Input for project and departmental budget development.
- Professional Development - Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking / decision making abilities on an ongoing basis.
- Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to our client's business.
- Develops and implements new technologies to address changing enterprises and associate needs.
- Develops automated processes through scripting / workflow-building tools and abilities.
- Lead or facilitate the training and change management efforts required to ensure broad user adoption of the solutions provided.
- Collaborate with IT staff to learn and support system operations.
- Participates in and manages special projects as required.
- Travel as required (10% - 20%)
- Relocation is not a job requirement for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in technology or equivalent from an accredited four-year institution required; Masters in Computer Science a plus.
- Enterprise experience preferred.
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 Administration
- Fundamental Azure knowledge including:
- Power Automate
- Exchange Administration
- Windows, Active Directory Administration and Hybrid Azure Active Directory Administration highly advantageous.
- Email migrations across multiple platforms / tenants.
- Security tools familiarity (e.g., SIEM, EDR).
- MS Enterprise Agreement - process familiarity.
- Knowledge of TCP / IP stack.
- Domain Name System (DNS) knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- PowerShell scripting is highly advantageous.
- Bulk Automation through scripting or object-oriented programming language is advantageous (e.g., PowerShell, C#).
- IT Security concepts and security systems experience is preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated / self-managing.
- Preferred experience with Adobe and Visio.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude.
- Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory, including arriving at the time as scheduled.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.