- Azure Administrator
- Azure storage
- Systems Administrator
The University of Connecticut, Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking a Systems Administrator 2 (Azure Administrator) for the Storage and Virtualization team. This position works under a designated team lead or manager and is responsible for supporting UConn’s Azure implementation. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing complex technical support including the design, deployment, and maintenance of Azure resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deploy and manage Azure services, including virtual machines, storage accounts, and networking resources.
- Manage and monitor the Azure environment to ensure high availability, performance, and security.
- Create and maintain automation scripts and tools for Azure infrastructure provisioning and management.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement and maintain security policies and controls for Azure resources.
- Manage Azure subscriptions, billing, and cost optimization.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Azure platform issues and incidents.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Azure features, trends, and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other IT staff and end-users.
- Analyze Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings to determine the best solution for a given project.
- Other duties as required.
- 8 years of related experience; or an Associate’s degree and 6 years of related experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience.
- Experience with deploying resources to Azure, including virtual machines and storage accounts.
- Experience in on-premise virtualization environments, particularly VMware.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of networking and firewall technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and analysis.
- Experience with Azure networking, including virtual networks, subnets, and private endpoints.
- Experience with Azure backup and restore of virtual machines, including leveraging third-party solutions such as Commvault.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP with systems such as Infoblox.
- Experience with Azure Network Virtual Appliances, particularly Fortinet FortiGate objects and policies.
- Ability to create advanced technical and business documentation, including cost modeling and analysis.
- Experience in storage systems; ability to analyze the performance of on-premise technology (nearline SAS, flash) and make recommendations for Azure storage.
- Experience with role-based access control, including leveraging of Active Directory users and groups.
- Experience in scripting, such as PowerShell and Ansible.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix and Splunk.
- Experience in a higher education environment, with the ability to engage with students, staff, and faculty.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at , Staff Positions, Search #497550 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 2, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time