- Risk Management Framework
Who we are:
ShorePoint is a fast-growing, industry recognized, and award-winning cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat, private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. ShorePoint subscribes to a “work hard, play hard” mentality and celebrates individual and company successes. We are passionate about our mission and going above and beyond to deliver for our customers. We are equally passionate about an environment that supports creativity, accountability, diversity, inclusion, and a focus on giving back to our community.
As recognized members of the Cyber Elite, we work together in partnership to defend our nation’s critical infrastructure while building meaningful and exciting career development opportunities in a culture tailored to the individual technical and professional growth. We are committed to the belief that our team members do their best work when they are happy and well cared for. In support of this philosophy, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including major carriers for health care providers. Highlighted benefits offered: 18 days of PTO, 11 holidays, 80% of insurance premium covered, 401k, continued education, certifications maintenance and reimbursement, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking an Elasticsearch (Elastic/ELK/ECE) Engineer who has experience providing support in a dynamic, fast-paced environment within the public sector. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development, and culture of an exciting and fast-growing company in the cybersecurity market. The Elasticsearch (Elastic/ELK/ECE) Engineer will have the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of Systems Engineering and will be encouraged to grow as the organization expands.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for working with the Integration, and Architecture teams to design, document, build, secure, and maintain Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (and X-Pack) Enterprise solutions deployed in the Cloud or on-premises environment
- Work closely with architects, engineers, and integrators to assess customer requirements and to design and support an Elasticsearch Stack solution to ensure compliance with data requirements
- Follow life cycle processes to move solutions from Dev to Test to Production.
- Participate in group sessions as well as attend and share in agile sprint daily meetings to track progress to ensure development of solutions is in support of the project and customer requirements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practice recommendations.
- Configure and maintain Linux based Operating system files in support of the Elasticsearch products (yum updates and product version upgrades)
- Install and configure an Elastic Cloud Enterprise solution and ensuring communication and integration among the Elasticsearch products and data sources.
- Document the installation and configuration for deployment
- Secure the solution by being familiar with TLS, certificates, SSO/PIV authentication, and encryption technologies
- Work with the data lifecycle management team
- Test data flows, troubleshooting issues, and monitoring the health of the solution and servers to maximize performance and minimize downtime
- Work with a team and provide analysis of alternatives and progress status in daily sprint meetings
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interface
- Recommend enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes
What you need to know:
- Software Development using Java with an IDE (e.g. Eclipse, CodeReady)
- Parsing File formats (e.g., JSON, XML, and CSV)
- SQL SERVER database design, programming, tuning, writing SQL queries/procedures
- Developing/automating test procedures
- Web services client development using REST API
- Release Management and build tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins) and configuration tools (e.g., SVN)
- Secure coding practices including use of encryption (e.g., Certificates, TLS Connections)
- BS in Computer Science or related field Experience required
- 2+ years of experience
- Must be a US citizen (non-dual citizenship)
- Able to obtain and maintain agency required clearance
Beneficial to have the following:
- Experience with SAML authentication, familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and PKI
- Experience with Messaging Queues (e.g., RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with programming and working with regular expressions (XML, Java, JSON, Python, PowerShell, painless, grok)
- Relevant security certifications a plus: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH
- Understanding of interrelationships between critical infrastructure protection and cybersecurity
- Knowledge and experience with Assessment & Authorization (A&A) processes in Federal environments, preferably with experience utilizing the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Where it’s done:
- Reston, VA (REMOTE)