- PERL scripting
- PL / SQL
- UNIX shell scripting
- Amazon Web Services
- Oracle database
Aqueduct Technologies is seeking a Programmer Analyst who will be responsible for supporting Securities, Benchmark and Portfolio Data for a local customer based in Boston, MA. This is an open-ended contract opportunity supporting the Data and Governance Teams.
- The Data and Governance Team supports multiple established systems for maintaining securities data, benchmarks, and portfolio information. At the request of various investment professionals, additional elements are populated into the databases, enhancements are made, and new functionality is incorporated into the systems.
- Enhancements include mapping new elements, translating code, building new interfaces, reports, backend Java processes, views, stored procedures, data loaders etc.
- The Programmer will work alongside both full-time employees and consultants assigned to the Data Team. This position reports to a Sr Product Analyst.
- The candidate should have knowledge of, or a desire to learn about investment securities, including an understanding of stocks, international equities, corporate bonds, treasury bonds, mortgage-backed securities, residential and commercial bonds, Interest Rate swaps, total return swaps and other derivatives.
- The candidate must be comfortable traversing a variety of systems. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Java and Oracle with gradually increasing system complexity.
- The candidate should also have a desire to stay current with new technologies like AWS cloud computing.
- The candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and must adapt well to changing priorities.
- Extensive experience with Oracle database SQL, PL/SQL, and Stored Procedures is required.
- In-depth experience in EJBs, Struts framework, App/Web Server applications, JSP (JAVA Server Pages), Servlet/Web UI, Web Services, HTML, familiarity with source control systems like CVS and development/build tools like Maven, or Eclipse.
- Must be comfortable with UNIX shell scripting, PERL scripting as well as job control systems (i.e. Autosys).
- Must be able to conform to pre-existing coding standards and present a structured coding style.
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, JAVA, AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Strong team player, interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Fixed Income and Equity business knowledge is a plus.
Aqueduct Technologies, Inc. assists customers in finding top talent for their diverse staffing augmentation needs and providing technical solutions including deployment and support of advanced networking, systems, storage, and collaboration solutions to enable better business results. Aqueduct is one of the fastest growing IT services organization in the US, powered by our relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction, corporate culture, and employing the top 10% in the industry.