Title: SAP Functional Lead - S4 OTC & PTP
Location: Houston, TX 77077 - Onsite
The SAP OTC & PTP Lead is a hands-on role that will provide SAP Functional design leadership and direction as a part of the newly formed SAP Center of Excellence (COE) within the Information Technology organization. This position will help lead the functional/ solution architecture and design of a newly implemented SAP S4/Hana system in the areas of OTC (Order to Cash) and PTP (Procure to Pay).
The person in this position is required to work with the business sales, distribution, warranty, and operational teams, the AMS (Application Managed Services) team, as well as the other SAP functional leads in the SAP COE, to ensure that the functional design and configuration in the areas of VMS, Material Management, Variant Configuration, Sales and Distribution, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Plant maintenance align with SAP best practices and documentation compliance and can support the operational requirements of the business. This SAP Functional Lead will be supporting (from an OTC/PTP perspective) a new SAP S/4HANA implementation within the automotive industry within a high-volume supply chain operation.
The person in this position will proactively work with the AMS partner, business, and technical teams to resolve and reduce identified defects and changes required. The SAP Functional Lead should be able to make changes to or guide the efforts to customize existing programs or add new programs to existing platforms. The SAP Functional Lead would also help in the organizational change management around the use of SAP software.
- Experience with SAP ERP implementation projects of moderate to high complexity and their post-go-live support, SAP S/4 Hana a plus.
- 8 + years of configuration expertise in the areas of OTC and PTP with familiarity in SAP warranty and manufacturing configuration and processes.
- 8 + years of experience in preparing Process and Functional Design documents, along with strong acumen to understand, translate, and map business processes in SAP.
- Order to Cash is the primary role and experience required, but knowledge and experience in Procure to Pay as well, including Ariba, is preferred.
- Passion and desire to adhere to out-of-box SAP functionality and drive for standardization.
- Facilitate, gather, and analyze business requirements and translate them into SAP application requirements for the business. This should include an analysis of current needs, anticipate future needs, and provide solutions that integrate well with the various business operations that are a part of the SAP ecosystem.
- Design and implement SAP solutions, with others on the SAP project team, to address these business requirements. These should be integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business needs.
- Provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking, and problem resolution.
- Research production problems and/or enhancement issues and make appropriate changes to the system. Initiate action and evaluate issues to develop alternative solutions. Apply expert knowledge and experience to resolve problems.
- A key member of the SAP team responsible for the functional design of WRICEFs for the sales and distribution functional area.
- Support the development team to define and document solution architecture as part of a new initiative or enhancement.
- A recognized leader within the team, expert in SAP OTC & PTP sales and distribution domain in place at the company, including warranty knowledge.
- Good understanding of SAP SD (Sales & Distribution) & FI-AR integration and have experience working on SD and FI integration setting up the account determination procedure to support monitoring and handling payments into various account receivables (AR).
- Research new knowledge and collaborate on solutions for the SAP environment.
- Good knowledge of SAP releases and patches, including applying OSS notes.
- Collaborate and provide excellent customer service to end users by working closely with the Architecture, Functional, Development, BASIS, and Security teams and AMS teams, to deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Has senior / leadership understanding and influence (decision scope) with business customers.