Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a remote ETL Developer to support our work with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access VA systems and therein use approved VA provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Develops conceptual, logical, and physical data models and performs data conversion, data integration and data mining for an enterprise-class data warehouse/business intelligence (BI)/advanced analytics ecosystem
- Uses Microsoft SSIS 2016 or later to develop, test, implement and maintain scripts for CDW domains based on created or provided entity-relationship diagrams
- Extracts data from a feeder data warehouse and loads the data into other data warehouses and enclave
- Installs, configures, develops, supports, and maintains BI applications
- Produces Data Domain ETL Script Implementation Documents that describe the Integration
- Services script transformation logic and loading logic created to meet the script requirements
- Uses PowerBI/dashboards to support problem identification and resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline, OR a minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience in leu of a degree
- 2-7 years relevant experience, including significant experience as ETL developer delivering SSIS-based data integration solutions on very large enterprise level data sets
- Must have experience reacting to and triaging problems with the scripts, connections, data schemas, and database servers and developing and implementing solutions as necessary
- Experience modelling and developing very large data sets in SQL Server
- Experience with PowerShell, T-SQL, and SSIS
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and 2019
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship due to clearance requirement
- Must be available for 3rd shift schedule (11pm-8am or 8pm- 4am). Shifts will be Sunday-Thursday.
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Active VA Public Trust
- Experience with Azure data lakes and elastic provisioning a plus
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs and/or other federal organizations
- Experience understanding customer business needs, translating business needs to technical/process implications, and collaboratively working among customer and technical team leads to propose new data warehouse/reporting/analytics solutions
- Experience with SSAS and SSRS
- Experience with VistA, CDW, and/or Cerner Millennium is a plus
- Experience with database administration is a plus
- Experience with metadata-driven development
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
Initiate Government Solutions, LLC (IGS) strongly recommends Covid vaccinations. Proof of vaccine will be requested but not mandatory for consideration.
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, an education assistance program, employee recognition program and spot bonuses, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.