- Java Architect | Direct Hire | Columbus
- OH Hybrid WFH
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
- Uses industry standard programming techniques to translate requirements and designs into code.
- Analyze and solve problems in existing systems.
- Design, code and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner.
- Participates in unit, system and acceptance testing by designing tests, building test data, test execution and evaluation. Along with recommending/making improvements/fixes to the tested system.
- Assists in developing and interpreting requirements.
- Follows all ISO-9000 procedures and the SDLC, as they pertain to their work unit, and continually seeks improvements to development procedures.
- Leads the implementation of all relevant ISO and NISO standards within projects.
- Participates in major architectural reviews and plans.
- Participates in the analysis and implementation of 3rd party solutions for applications with the ability to understand the impact and analyze the risk.
- Plans and participates in load, capacity, and performance analysis and/or testing.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required
- 5 years of software development, five years of JAVA programming required
- Experience with the following technologies is a must -- JAVA, Object Oriented Design (and UML notation and patterns), SOA based systems,
Hessian, Servlets, Spring-loC, Spring Boot, Maven, SOLR indexing and querying, SOAP and REST based Webservices
- Experience with BigData technologies using Hadoop echo system (HBase, MR, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka Streaming etc)
- Experience with Cloud based technologies including, but not limited to, AWS and Snowflake
- Experience with Linux (or any UNIX for that matter) and some with Windows would be required
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in Microservice Architecture is desired.
- Experience with MySQL, Postgresql a plus.
- Containerization and Pod deployment is desired
- Excellent skills with unit testing, integration testing and performance/stress testing is a must
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Ability to implement industry standard programming techniques by
- Mastering advanced fundamental software development concepts, practices, and procedures, and having the ability to analyze and solve problems in existing systems.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on a strictly technical focus, project management or a combination of the two depending on interests and project load of the work unit.
- Technical Focus -
- Expert in at least one discipline (database, performance, etc.) on a single product or research project.
- Has successfully implemented multiple major areas of functionality.