- Data Management
- ETL process
- Master Data Management
- Oracle Cloud
- application design
We are looking for a Full-time contractor or employee for a ETL Informatica Developer role.
The HHS Insights Platform (HIP) MDM/ETL Developer designs and implements master data solutions for a multi-terabyte Master Data Management (MDM) implementation, in support of the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) project. The mission of the EIM project is to ensure HHS system data is visible, accessible where appropriate, understandable in context, trusted by users, and uniformly governed in order to advance data quality and data analytics. This enables data-driven decision making across the HHS system.
The MDM/ETL Developer has an excellent understanding of MDM principles, goals, and tools and how these relate to overall HHS data quality. Candidate is responsible for development and implementation of new MDM capabilities using the Informatica application tool stack. This position works with EIM program staff, HHSC IT resources, and MDM business analysts to implement new program requirements for mastering critical agency data, identity resolution, trusted attribution, and governed reference data.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in:
- Developing MDM solutions for healthcare provider and managed care member domains (using an Informatica tool stack) preferably in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Developing extract/transform/load processes for HHS system data into MDM applications (using Oracle and Informatica tools)
- Developing, testing, and maintenance of enhancements to MDM application layer(s)
- Working closely with EIM data architects, HHS subject matter experts, and HHS system data models to accurately represent as-is and to-be process models involving HHS master data
- Planning and monitoring MDM project lifecycle deployment using agile methods
- Ensuring that the build and deployment of the MDM components are of high quality and comply with HHSC IT coding and security standards.
- Managing data interfaces that consume HHS master data, ensuring effective integration between consuming source and downstream systems
- Logical and physical data modeling of the MDM databases
- Meeting MDM project deliverables, goals and milestones
- Understanding of HIPAA compliance policies and HHS security requirements.
- Working with Oracle and/or Informatica support in resolution of any critical issues or bugs encountered during MDM application upgrades.
Essential Job Functions:
Informatica application design, development and deployment • ETL process design, development, and implementation. • Works with EIM program staff and HHS IT to acquire, profile, and master agency data. • Identifies opportunities to streamline HHS data processes. • Documents Informatica application processes and procedures. Creates and maintains Informatica application documentation. • Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Advanced Informatica and ETL developer skills. Understanding of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) best practices. Skill in communicating effectively -- orally and in writing. Knowledge of HHS programs and policies. Ability to manage competing priorities, work under pressure, negotiate among multiple parties, resolve conflicts, and establish and maintain effective working relationships – internally and externally. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment. Ability to exercise judgment and work independently with limited direction.
- Advanced Informatica and ETL developer skills
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) best practices
- Experience designing and implementing Informatica PowerCenter custom solutions
- Experience designing and implementing Master Data Management solutions
- Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong technical writing skills.