Facilities & Data Center Technician IV
Permanent (W2 ONLY)
Available Locations: Miami, FL or Santa Clara, CA
38-50/h W2 GavinHeath is partnering with a client in Doral, FL (Miami area) looking to add a Facilities & Data Center Technician IV to their team. The role is a direct hire position. The Facilities and Data Center Technician IV must possess an expert level of knowledge and will be responsible for the operational integrity and regulatory compliance of the facilities and data center electrical, mechanical, fire life safety systems, and communications infrastructure.
- Facilities and Data center subject matter expert for electrical, mechanical, controls, and fire life safety systems.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Communications, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- Work with the site Data Center Manager to track and complete an aggressive preventive and predicative maintenance schedule
- Work with and provides guidance, to the site Data Center Manager to determine maintenance requirements for mechanical and electrical systems
- Ensure data center operates at maximum operational efficiency, including analyzing existing operating conditions, recommending new technologies, and improving overall efficiency and cost reduction. Ideal candidate will have a demonstrated technical ability and innovative thinking cross functionally, including integrated systems and IT
- Manage systems to avoid unplanned, customer-impacting outages
- Manage the data floor and back of house mechanical loading capacity thereby ensuring that the cooling system is operating at its highest efficiency
- Provide applied mechanical and integrated control expertise for the entire data center
- Work as a primary knowledge expert in regard to fire and electrical codes.
- Serve in a technical writing capacity in regard to the derivation of procedures for preventative or corrective maintenance activities.
- Assist Data Center Manager with the database management of maintenance discrepancies and work with Operations management to resolve site issues based on agreed upon priorities.
- Trouble Ticket Management
- Work Order Completion Process
- Infrastructure projects (Internal/Customer)
- 1. Cage Build-Outs
- 2. Overhead Installations
- 3. Rack and Stack
- Navigate and utilize a CMMS system.
- Use developed procedures to solve problems
- Assist in asset and consumable inventory management.
- Responsible for the tracking and proper labeling of all equipment per established procedures.
- Ensures that processes are completed in a timely manner pertaining to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and data is uploaded to the OSS accordingly.
- Provide physical security within our client's premises.
- Provide day-to-day exceptional customer service and support.
- Incident escalation and report writing
- Monitor the building fire alarm system.
- Maintain and complete regular facility and security tours documenting and responding to found issues.
- Adhere to and promote our client's Principles of Operational Excellence
- Expert understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a facility and data center environment, including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, Transformers, PLC's, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, STS', ATS' PDU's, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAH's, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
- Expert knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, NFPA 25, and compliance issues as well as building codes in regard to fire life safety
- Expert knowledge of fiber optics / cabling infrastructure and industry best practices.
- Expert knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations)
- Expert knowledge and experienced with data trending / tracking and analysis and ability to rapidly learn and use PC based, integrated critical monitoring systems
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting large commercial and industrial systems including:
- Chilled Water Systems
- Large Centrifugal Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- Heat Exchangers
- Water Treatment Systems
- VFD's and Pumps
- HVAC equipment
- Humidification Systems
- Client and PLC Controls
- Emergency Standby Diesel Generator Systems
- Fuel/Oil systems,
- 480/277 and 208/120 electrical generation and distribution
- Static UPS Systems
- Double Interlock Pre-Action Systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven expert and laying out, pulling, dressing, and terminating fiber and copper communications cabling.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing IT hardware, servers, network switches, structured cabling.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Our Client's Benefits:
- Medical and Vision coverage through Client Heath Care
- Telemedicine through MDLive
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Life Insurance and Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Voluntary coverage benefits for Life and AD&D, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage, and Hospital Indemnity
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans and Health Saving Account (HSA) Plans
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company contribution
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and Equity Incentive Plan
- 15 days of Flextime
- 11 paid Company Holidays and Floating Holidays
- School Visitation and Elder Care Paid Time
- Parental Leave
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
GavinHeath is an equal opportunity employer. GavinHeath will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, creed, ancestry, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.