Position: Crossroads Coordinator
Duration: 9 months with Extension Possible
Location: Montgomery, AL (Onsite from day1)
This position will serve as the Alabama Crossroads Coordinator and User Acceptance Tester (UAT) for the State Agency Model (SAM) Crossroads Consortium project. The SAM project is a four-state (Alabama, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia) USDA /FNS initiative. It will work closely with the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program on the Crossroads system and ensure the software vendor is providing the desired functionality in the delivered product. A solid work history as well as proven experience in business software planning, guiding and directing good software quality practices, and ensuring positive software testing results is required. The ability to create, organize and coordinate software testing is a must. Documents all problems and assists in their resolution. Delivers quality process training to program staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners. Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Must understand and interpret software requirements and know the process transformation of business rules into detailed documentation and validate through Crossroads system functionality.
- Must be able to learn current software systems and tools and technologies as they relate to the WIC Crossroads project.
- Must have the ability to understand system requirements and assist with documentation including detailed design and program specifications using the MS Office Suite.
- Works on multiple programs/systems as a project team member.
- Considered a subject matter expert for a single program/system.
- May coach more junior staff
- Create software test plans, procedures and scenarios and ensure each is mapped to the system requirements.
- Execute and revise software test plans, procedures and scenarios as needed
- Ability to review and analyze test results to include reviewing data updates to the Database(s)
- Interpret Graphical User Interface Behavior
- Create, track, review and disseminate software documentation and quality reports.
- This will involve coordination with WIC and IT staff, other consortium states' staff, and consortium level staff
- Good organization skills and the ability to work on deadlines are a must.
- Troubleshoot Crossroads user reported issues and determine solutions for resolving and develop appropriate documentation
- Report issues to vendor as needed
- Ensure the WIC Director or designee is informed and advised as needed with project status reports
- Communicate well with all levels of staff
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is essential to this position.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is desirable.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) using MS SQL Server 2016 or higher is desirable.
- Some knowledge and experience with automated tracking and testing tools is desired.
- Ability to assist and resolve problems using Software Quality Assurance processes and standards is also desired.
WIC experience or knowledge. Ability to create, write and modify Adhoc SQL queries
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar. Or equivalent work experience.