IT Infrastructure Project Manager (IS Engineer)
$129,563.20 - $183,019.20 Yearly
Do you have exceptional technical skills and strong soft-skills such as time and project management, and communication? Have you worked as Team or Project Lead? Do you have at least three years of infrastructure experience and a related Bachelor’s degree, or a total of four years without a degree? Come work with the award-winning Alameda County Information Technology Department (ITD)!
Under direction, this position manages various infrastructure technologies. Areas of responsibility can include staff supervision; network; servers; unified communications; Cloud-based services; database technologies; GIS; Enterprise Tools Administration; information security; or endpoint management; and perform other related duties as required.
This classification is the advanced senior level class in the multi-disciplinary, professional Infrastructure Engineering series located in the Information Technology Department. This class is responsible for the design, support, and maintenance of complex enterprise production systems, and may be responsible for staff supervision.
This class is distinguished from the Infrastructure Services Manager in that the latter is responsible for all production systems within their area of responsibility, whereas this class is responsible for the management of specific production systems. This class is further distinguished from the class of Senior Infrastructure Services Analyst, in that the latter is responsible for managing portions of specific production systems, as well as less complex projects, while the former is responsible for the management of specific production systems in their entirety.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Vendor management skills
- Strong customer service/management skills
- Strong attention and retention of details
- Technical skills that are both theoretical and practical in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD
- Microsoft DNS, DHCP, AOVPN, AD FS, AAD Connect, SCCM
- Microsoft Exchange and Exchange Online
- Microsoft IIS/.NET and RedHat JBoss
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IT Security Concepts and Solutions
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- VMware vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRealize, HCX, SRM, and VCF
- SAN and NAS Storage Systems
- Cloud Technologies
- Networking Concepts and Technologies
- Productivity and Collaboration Tools: Teams, SharePoint, Skype (MS O365)
- Scripting languages
- Experience with implementing and managing complex technology solutions
- Experience with developing architecture designs and diagrams
- Experience with developing presentations for all audiences
- Practical knowledge of data gathering and analytics techniques
- Practical knowledge of PowerBI is a plus
- Document current and future procedures and processes.
- Prepare, maintain, and manage project plans and documentation.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Manage projects and other resources.
- Supervise and coach staff.
- Work effectively with staff, other managers, and user department representatives.
- Communicate technical concepts, problem solutions, and project progress in a clear manner to interested parties.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Respond quickly and effectively to customer needs, proactively and reactively.
- Maintain the highest level of service to internal customers and the public.
- Analyze and problem solve.
- Make effective decisions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds; lift and carry computer hardware, including but not limited to routers, switches, cables, and servers.
The equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience in the class of Senior Infrastructure Services Analyst or in an equivalent or higher-level class in the Alameda County classified service.
The equivalent of four (4) years of full-time increasingly responsible infrastructure experience (in one or more of the areas described in Definition section), that included design and implementation of enterprise systems requiring documentation and project management.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Must be available to participate in an on-call rotation and to work after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid class C driver’s license may be required for some positions.
County Pension Plan, eleven (11) paid holidays a year + initial accrual rate of ten (10) vacation days/yr (increases over time) + seven (7) additional management paid vacation days/year + four (4) floating holidays/year + accrual of thirteen (13) sick days/year. Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA/ Transportation cafeteria benefit selection options, and much more!
Qualified candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Alameda County does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B) and an offer of employment shall not be construed as including said sponsorship presently or in the future. No vendor resumes at this time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Alameda County has a diverse workforce, that is representative of the communities we serve, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. Alameda County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of inclusion in protected classes or other non-merit factors as defined under federal, state and local law. Alameda County celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment.