Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
This position is for a Software Engineer to support the Remote Control, Command and Positioning group within the Advanced Technologies and Solutions division. The individual hired for this position will work as part of an engineering team to design, develop, integrate, and test software features on embedded electronic controls for use in remote control machine applications. Job responsibilities include:
- Remote Control feature development in embedded C and Matlab Simulink
Issue resolution through triage and troubleshooting
Agile Sprint environment
Validation plan development
Coordination with a global team of machine, systems, software, and validation teams
Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse work group
- The individual must have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant engineering development work experience in embedded software development, system design, or product validation.
- Great teamwork, communication, analysis, and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience with software development tools such as git, debuggers, and compilers.
- The individual should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to learn at an accelerated pace, and willing to put in the time to get the job done.
- Experience in the areas of robotics, remote control, or autonomy
- Experience with datalinks (CAN, Ethernet, etc.) and associated tools (CANape, Wireshark, etc.)
- Experience with modeling tools such as Matlab/Simulink in an embedded software environment
- Experience with system-level feature design and specification
- Linux experience
- Experience programming in C#, C++, and/or Python
- Experience developing with embedded real-time software or systems for mobile, earthmoving, agricultural, industrial, or off-highway applications
Reason/motivation for request: