- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning Scientist
- Image Classification
- Object Detection
- Semantic Segmentation
Additional Job Information:
Title : Computer Vision/Deep Learning Scientist
Location : Atlanta, GA United States (Hybrid)
- Python expertise and Pytorch or Tensorflow is a must
- MATLAB, C++, etc. is *not* a plus, it is *not* required
- Computer Vision (image) experience is required
- Techniques like Image Classification, Object Detection, Semantic Segmentation, Localization, etc.
- Familiar with cutting-edge deep learning model architecture, like YOLO, SSD, ResNet, FastRCNN, etc.
- Experience for traditional computer vision e.g. OpenCV is a plus
- “Natural Language Processing” (NLP) can be referred to as Deep Learning as well, but it is totally irrelevant for our purposes. We need Deep Learning in context of *Image and Video* Processing/Analytics, not text or numerical data
- Generally, degrees in EE, ECE, CS, Machine Learning, other Engineering degrees, Physics, Math are preferred. Degrees in “Data Science”, “Business Analytics”, “MBA”, etc. are less preferred.
- PhD and Masters are preferred, but BS is acceptable To sum it up, both positions are heavily python coding, and familiarity ML/DL knowledge required.
Computer Vision/Deep Learning Scientists work with various product teams across various business units to define high-impact business problems, solve them using novel techniques, and execute and monitor them throughout their lifecycle. They are required to design, develop, and implement novel computer vision algorithms for unique use cases. They evaluate accuracy and quality of the designed models as well as data sources. They also do quite a bit of research to stay up to date with the latest technologies/algorithms. They are very collaborative. They are highly technical and require advanced skills with computers and proficiency with Open-Source tools and technologies such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, and MXNet for Deep Learning, and OpenCV for traditional Computer Vision. They need to have excellent knowledge of Python and industry experience with TensorFlow, Keras and/or PyTorch. Additionally, they need experience with image processing using Deep Learning (semantic segmentation, object detection, classification). They also require familiarity with various CNN architectures (VGG16, ResNet, MobileNet, etc). Also need experience with traditional image processing techniques (e.g., use of OpenCV, skimage). They work on dedicated GPU machines and run their models in parallel on GPU Clusters.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Statistics or related field