- UX Research
- design process
- visual design
- interface design
- user experience research tools and techniques
- user interface
- user interface design
Position: UX Researcher
Location: Remote (Must work CST; occasional on-site visits)
Duration: 6 Months
Top 3 Skills:
- UX Research, presentations, workshop facilitation.
- Degree required: Yes
- The UX Researcher will be an integral part of the United UX design team with a focus conducting design research to inform the design process from discovery to wireframes to visual design. In this role, the UX Researcher will lead efforts to develop and execute research plans, methodologies and report findings to inform design development.
- At the core, this position will transform unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful product launches through user research throughout different design phases. The UX Researcher will work to create a best in class user experience for United’s frontline employees, helping transform unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful employee tools.
- The ideal candidate has a passion for user centered research and design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and research methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.)
- Strong project management and negotiating skills are central to the position.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches—orally and in writing
- Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
- 5+ years of usability research experience with multifaceted responsibilities. (client prefers a mix of web and mobile experience).
- Related experience in another field such as human factors, interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus.
- Experience designing wireframes and creating interactive prototypes using related tools such as Axure, JustinMind, Invision, Figma and Sketch.
- Experience creating user personas and journey maps to support a user centered design methodology.
- Strong understanding of user interface design practices and principles a must—better still if you can demonstrate experience relating to research.