- RPG ILE
- Database Concepts
- ILE Programming
Role: iSeries/AS400 Developer
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Issaquah, WA (Day 1 onsite)
- Analyzes and develops iSeries code that supports various applications in the Retail Domain.
- Creates functional specifications for applications supported using standard practices, processes, and procedures. • Performs code reviews, unit testing, coordinates with development team members on development, and QA tasks.
- Adheres to the client’s IS division development standards and deployment processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner, business area, team members, and QA to ensure requirements are clearly defined, understood, and documented.
- Participates in development estimation, deployment, and release planning to ensure delivery of solutions.
- Responsible for 2nd level support resolution of daily incident tickets, creation of KB articles for 1st level support, and provide on-call support.
- Excellent programming skills on the iSeries platform - Analyze and Create new programs using RPG, RPG ILE, SQLRPGLE, and Control Language (CLP/CLLE).
- Very good knowledge of SQL concepts - Analyze and modify complex SQL queries, embedded SQL in SQLRPGLE, Cursor programming.
- Database Concepts - Create and Analyze Physical files, Logical Files, SQL tables, Indexes, Views, Stored procedures.
- Good working knowledge in screen programming - Display Files, Subfiles, and Printer files.
- Document business rules effectively and should be able to create data mapping documents after analyzing program flows and data flows
- ILE Programming - Analyze and Create program modules, binding directories, service programs.
- Working knowledge of Message Queue (MQ), MQ Trigger, and embedding XML tags in RPG Programs
- Good communication skills and the job will involve owning a project task completely based on the communication with the analysts at the client site