Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
Please Note: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Application review will begin immediately, and the position may be filled at any time. It is in the applicant’s best interest to apply early.
This position is responsible to design strategies for enterprise databases, data warehouse systems, data reporting, data archival and data storage. The incumbent will set standards for database operations, programming, query processes, and security. They will model, design, and construct large relational databases or data warehouses. They will create and optimize data models for warehouse infrastructure and workflow. They will also integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality.
This position serves as an advisor and expert IT technical consultant to the A&DM Supervisors/Technical Leads and will advise, develop, revise, and set direction and guidance on current and future applications. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now!
Some of what you’ll do:
- Application/ API Development, including:
- Provide technical knowledge in the development and implementation of application program interfaces (API), and produce quality Development requirements, documentation, and strategies.
- Innovatively design, unit test, and develop extensible
- Performs unit and integration testing
- Conducts functional and non-functional testing.
- Understands dependencies across multiple applications when developing, maintaining, and making enhancements to applications.
- Use think data first strategies
- Resolves technology issues related to server environment, platform, software, and hardware requirements.
- Define re-usable development practices, testing components, and data structures for extendable software delivery.
- Provide creative designs
- Troubleshoots and debugs applications, interfaces, and web services.
- Data Management, including:
- Use data access security requirements working in collaboration with the Information Technology Security Office for Policy and Standards.
- Ensure official agency records requirements are being met.
- Accountable for integrity and quality of business data
- Design, Develop and implement code for CRUD
- Provide data architecture expertise for team managed systems and services
- Identify and document security gaps for the team managed databases
- Customer Service, including:
- The incumbent will consult and advise with several IT program areas to provide facilitation, clarification, and instigate cooperation amongst these peer groups
- Team Activities, including:
- Independently works on all levels of assignments including the most complex problems, and provides guidance to lower level staff on complex issues.
- Participates/leads scrum/status meetings to keep development staff in alignment with planned work.
- Create estimate document that can be attached to the service request document that can be prioritized by business partners
- Provide technology expertise to project work defined for product team enhancements.
- Assist/Mentors Junior Developers with issues and/or tasks that they do not understand or have reached a situation where they are blocked and unable to continue.
- 8 years or more *Information Technology experience professional experience related to application data development, application system development work.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology specializing in data or application development and 6 years or more *IT professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and 4 years or more *IT professional experience
- Masters in Information Technology, with computer science specialization and 3 years or more * IT professional experience
*Qualifying professional IT experience is defined as: performing analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, testing and maintaining the programming of computer software via applications, services and databases.
The 8 years of experience should include:
- 4 years of Experience in .Net. High technical expertise in data driven technologies and languages, specifically SQL, SSIS, SSMS, SSRS or equivalent in other specified languages or platforms.
- 4 Years’ experience building, enhancing and maintaining API’s
- 4 years of experience working with data development tools, platforms, products, and API’s:
- IDE – Visual Studio 2019 or comparable IDE
- Source Control – GIT or comparable
- Data Management tools – SQL SSMS or comparable
- 4 years’ experience in Programming languages for MVC,
- 4 years’ experience using Methodologies & Best Practices for Agile/Scrum, N-Tier, Accessibility and usability.
- 4 years’ experience using Frameworks, & Architectures knowledge in following areas: Web Services, SOAP Services, REST Services, WCF.