Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
onsite on either Tulsa, OK or Council Bluff, IA
The candidate may travel up to 50% and eventually it will decrease to 10-20%. Along with that, If the candidate is close to Council Bluff, IA and there is work in Tulsa, OK, they should expect to spend several days in Tulsa, OK.
*may be some travel to smaller locations within that region, up to 10% in the US
*no vaccinations required
Top Must Haves:
-strong fiber background: installation and OTDR testing- 3+ years
-least wave testing/ BERT testing
-understanding network documentation and testing techniques
-familiar with ISP and OSP network infrastructure
-good communication skills
-key skills are all around the fiber background
-splicing is nice to have
-ideal candidate is from an installation background and specializing further in fiber
-least wave is a nice to have and can be trained
-general installation background is a plus, other training will be added as necessary
-travel requirement would be just around the region to different sites around there
-interview process: 2 stage interview- relaxes stage 1 interview to get to know more about the candidate and their experience with some technical questions, 2nd stage would be more technical questions
Support the installation and maintenance of new racks/cabinets, Optical and Router equipment and/or retrofit existing equipment. Installations to conform to Company Standards following MOP’s and within defined Process and Procedures. Installation background with DC Power, AC Power, Rectifiers, Grounding, Structured Cabling.
Candidates will also be responsible for testing the end-to-end of connectivity of optical fiber paths using multiple testing apparatus (OTDR, CD/PMD, Optical Insertion Loss measurements and fiber end-face validation) and performing basic site survey
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Backgrounds with detailed Engineering, Infrastructure diagrams and MOPS.
• Experience with installation of Rectifiers, Fuse Panels, Patch Panels (high density fiber patch panels) experience with the installation of racks, cabinets on raised floors, slap floors. Experience with unistrut installation.
• Experience with installation of DC power cable(s) and landing on Mini-BDFB’s and all related safety procedures. Understanding of grounding requirements for equipment, racks and facilities grounding.
• Experience with the installation, terminating and testing of data center interlink cabling (ie copper and fiber optic cable).
• Experience with fault finding network cabling, ability to trace and test connections and resolve issues utilizing optical light source and power meter.
• Experience with industry standard fiber cleaning procedures, bend radius and fiber running procedures, fiber management procedures.
• Experience with installation of multi vendor DWDM equipment. Installation experience with Infinera, ALU and Juniper equipment plus.
• Troubleshooting and repair of hardware faults and the installation of spares or components as required.(i.e. cards, PICS, PEM’s, fan modules, SFP’s etc.).
• Performing routine maintenance on server and network equipment
• Accepting and taking ownership of fault escalations from internal teams
• Experience performing network migrations.
• Proficient using a laptop and windows applications such as MS Word, Excel, etc.
• Performing fiber characterization tests using OTDR, CD/PMD, power meter/laser source and fiber end face testing using industry standard test equipment
• Fiber end face cleaning using multiple methods
• Providing field analysis on Vendor's fiber network from test data
• Preparing testing packages including:
• Redlining of project documentation including fiber path and demarcation points
• Provide test reports as dictated by vendor requirements
• Performing site surveys to validate vendor infrastructure deliverables including any issues (not limited to):
• Fiber type
• Points of failure
• Diversity requirements
Required Experience Communication:
High level analytical skills
Effectively present to team meetings both written and orally
Identify issues and enact resolutions effectively
Assist in fiber issue resolution
Multi-task effectively and maintain project deadlines
Interface with vendors and develop issue remediation protocols
Minimum 3 years experience within a Telecom Network Infrastructure environment
Able to use any generic office software.
Familiarity with EXFO Toolbox used in the analysis of fiber test data or similar software applications
Experience with understanding vendor contractual deliverables
Additional languages a definite asset
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A3166.