Our direct client, a global investment firm based in Stamford, CT, is seeking a Sr. Java Developer. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life-cycle. This includes interfacing with business users to determine requirements, designing software solutions, implementing and testing solutions to ensure they meet the needs of the business, deployment of solutions to the production environment, and providing L3 support for the application when issues arise.
The team is responsible for developing solutions to support business decisions and day-to-day operational activities to Traders, Risk, Middle, and Back Office personnel. We achieve these goals with an agile methodology and a lot of teamwork. The area prioritizes delivery and fosters technical and business discussions seeking continuous improvement in results, with the constant advent of cutting-edge technology. We are currently investing in streamlining and re-platforming the in-house trading systems to modern technologies that take advantage of the capabilities of the cloud.
- Working with business users to understand their needs and determine application requirements
- Collaborating with the Development team to design solutions to business problems
- Implementing new features and new applications for Trading, Risk, Middle Office, and Back Office groups
- Troubleshooting production incidents with the support team and performing root cause analysis
- Investigate new technologies to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Maintenance and bug fixing of existing business applications
- Fluent in English language
- Background in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Analysis, Information Systems
- Professional experience developing server side components using the core Java Development Kit.
- Proven experience working with relational database like Oracle or MS SQL
- Experience designing and implementing web services
- Exposure to enterprise java libraries like JMS and JPA
- Experience with build systems like Ant, Maven, Ivy, and Gradle
- Knowledge of common AWS resources (S3, Lambda, Athena, EMR, Faregate, Kinesis, EC2, API Gateway, CloudWatch)
- Experience using the GIT version control system
- Familiarity creating automated build and release pipelines in a tool like Azure Devops, AWS CodeBuild, or Jenkins.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Commodities or Financial Markets
- Experience with RAD / Agile methods
- Experience writing Spark Scala Applications
- Understand AWS Cloud Architecture and its Security (eg. IAM, Cognito)
- Curiosity in new technologies surrounding AI, ML, IoT, etc.