- TCP / IP
- anti - virus
- user support
- IT strategy
Build, maintain, and troubleshoot the company IT infrastructure, delivering mission critical applications and data. Ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
· Manage and monitor all installed computer systems, server, storage, network and telephone infrastructure on premises and cloud based:
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability,
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with vendors and IT team members to implement those fixes.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain network operating systems, application software, system management tools and systems integrations:
- Work with vendors and other IT team members for project development and problem resolution.
- User environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
- Respond to the needs and questions of IT users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT user support.
- Develop and maintain custom scripts to increase associate and system efficiency.
- Research and evaluate new IT industry technology trends and applicability of software/hardware solutions.
- Make recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions.
- Implement IT system landscape changes in accordance with the change management policy.
- Manage IT infrastructure projects
- Maintain, test, and improve backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Handle vendor management and contract negotiations.
- Create documentation concerning IT systems and IT procedures.
- Develop and implement IT policies and IT procedures.
- Champion for pushing IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices.
- Develop and communicate standards of use, operations and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Consult with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Proactively understand and stay up-to-date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline, and operational issues.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or comparable degree.
- 4+ years operational experience in IT Infrastructure (network, server, DB, storage administration).
- Technical background in IT Infrastructure and IT Operations:
- Microsoft products e.g., Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory, SQL, Enterprise Office 365, Azure, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams;
- Server Management incl. configuration, anti-virus, virtualization, patching, backup;
- Networking: switching and routing, layer 2 VLANS, layer 3 routing, TCP/IP, MPLS, VPN (Cisco and/ or HP certified preferred);
- Firewall (SonicWall preferred).
- Understanding of overall business and IT strategy and ability to develop solutions with management at all levels.
- Strong project management skills and experience implementing IT solutions (PMI certified is an advantage).
- Service oriented approach in IT (ITIL certified an advantage).
- Customer service orientation (e.g., short response times, appropriate communication and continuous information flow, adequate solutions).
- Good analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Drive for excellence in own work and cooperation with customers/ colleagues/ employees.
- Value based people management including “leading by example”.
- Ability and willingness to integrate, cooperate and succeed in a multi-national group (i.e. traveling abroad, understanding corporate needs and implement, co-operating and communicating with colleagues from overseas)