ASRC Federal is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our internal team.
- Conducts vulnerability audits and assessments
- Anticipates and mitigates potential attacks to ensure the security of the system(s). Exploits weaknesses detected in systems to assess and prevent potential break-ins. Analyzes business impact and exposure based on security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Evaluates and recommends procedures and processes for the prevention, detection, containment and correction of information security breaches. Advises IT staff and users regarding security procedures.
- Communicates security risks and solutions to appropriate IT staff as needed. Provides direct support and guidance for security related issues.
- Performs day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions and involvement in the implementation of new security solutions
- Participate in investigations for problematic activity. Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits. Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
- Monitors security agencies and services in order to keep apprised of current security threats and concerns. Evaluates products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness of information security across the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations. Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures
- The Engineer is expected to be fully aware of the security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals
- U.S. Citizenship required to access systems
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience. 8+ years of direct hands-on Information Security Experience
- Industry certifications relating to IT and Cybersecurity preferred (CEH, CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, etc.).
- A strong operations background in server and network infrastructure(Active Directory operations, Windows Server, Firewalls, etc.) with skills in intrusion detection and prevention, incident investigations and forensics, networks and OS, firewalls and VPN, AV and Vulnerability scanning tools, and other systems security experience
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Strong understanding of Windows (2008, 2012, 2016, Windows 10), Linux/Unix, Oracle, SQL.
- Provide overall Office 365 security expertise including knowledge of Azure Active Directory, conditional access, risky sign-ins, single sign-on and multi-factor authentication and related technologies (including Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security)
- Demonstrate consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology, security, and the business value of Office 365.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain powershell scripts
- Ability to work independently and also collaborating with application developers, engineers and others.