IT SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT ANALYST
REMOTE- MUST LIVE NEAR ATLANTA, GA, BIRMINGHAM, AL, OR GULFPORT, MS
IT Software Management Analyst Description
As a member of the Digital Workplace Solutions organization- the IT Service Management Analyst, II will be responsible for onboarding and creation of effective license positions as well as creating and implementing Software Asset Management (SAM) processes at our company. This includes lifecycle management, usage, inventory, & compliance reviews, and savings/trend analysis and reporting to various stakeholders. This position will partner with software owners across various management levels, the Strategic Supplier Management team that is responsible for procuring the software assets, Vendor Management, Compliance and Risk partners and the internal SAM team to deliver results.
IT Software Management Analyst JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Technical Skills Required
- Experienced in managing technology assets and software asset lifecycle management. Knowledge of IBM and Oracle a plus
- Usage of Software License Management Tool (i.e., Flexera Network Management Suite (FNMS), SNOW, or ServiceNow.
- Experience working in Oracle Cloud & Maximo
- Experience working with data analytic tools, with focus on Power BI.
- Experience working in complex environments consisting of several domains, forests, and DMZ’s with varying trust levels.
- Experience with integrations to multiple asset management systems.
- Capacity to learn and apply new technologies, skills, and concepts.
- Ability to research solutions to problems, as well as stay up to date on constantly changing technology.
- Superb diagnostic, troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of levels of data normalization and resolving data integrity issues
IT Software Management Analyst Non-Technical Skills Required
- Strong communication skills (including verbal, written, presentation and active listening)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Very disciplined with following up on anomalies and problem situations
- Ability to analyze, interpret and match data from multiple sources
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Ability to simplify complex subjects in a way that can be easily understood by non-technical audiences
- Ability to assess the impact of changes and quantify risk to ensure appropriate business decisions are made
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple shifting priorities
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with IT and business unit stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to influence without direct authority or control
- Works well with a geographically dispersed team
- High degree of focus on quality, reliability, efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Flexible, can work under stress with changing direction and with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, removes obstacles for success
- Process driven
- Exhibit “Our Values” in all business interactions
IT Software Management Analyst Education and Experience Requirements
- 4-yr Bachelors degree in a computer science, management information systems, or engineering field is strongly desired. Consideration will be given to highly qualified candidates that have comprehensive experience in managing the costs and lifecycle of IT assets.
- 3+ years of Software Asset Management experience
- 3+ years of IT operational process analysis, development, and implementation experience
IT Software Management Analyst MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track, manage, and report on software compliance position for in-scope publishers.
- Partner with numerous Software Owners to validate true license requirements and optimize software usage, providing savings opportunities and risk avoidance for the enterprise.
- Load & maintain software entitlements in SAM tool (currently Snow)
- Develop complete knowledge of existing software contracts and provide guidance on future recommendations based on compliance position.
- Coordinate with Strategic Supplier Management on software renewals for in-scope software, providing supporting data and analysis for renewals.
- Work closely with the Software Asset Management Process Owner, Software Owners, and other key stakeholders to understand evolving needs and deliver new solutions proactively.
- Provides general guidance and training around the use of Software Asset Management tools, processes, and reports.
- Manage updates and improvements to the processes in collaboration with the SAM Process Owner.
- Interfaces with IT groups that have a hand in supporting the product, or other closely aligned products. In addition, meets with key stakeholders across IT & operating company (OPCO) business units to communicate strategy and gather feedback
- Keeps up with industry research and current events. This also includes participating in Unite Surveys and Differential to Market data collections
Synergis is a workforce solutions partner serving thousands of businesses and job seekers
nationwide. Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems
that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total Experience (TX). Synergis
partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced
teams of tech, digital and creative professionals. Learn more about Synergis at
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer