Job Description (JD):
Technician (Technology Depot Technician) Support, manage, maintain, and repair IT systems. Their responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing faults, resolving network issues, and installing and configuring hardware and software. This engineer is responsible for managing the product life cycle of all service-raised incidents (incident control) and all service requests (request control), requiring the use of knowledge management. Proactively in identifying, investigating, and resolving technical incidents and problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
Ensure assigned infrastructure at the client site is successfully configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools, and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Technology Depot Technician:
Incident Support - Break/Fix:
- Provide end user hardware support via incident
- Assist end users with backup and restore of data
- Complete device replacements to support break-fix
- Configuration of end user devices
- Provide technology bundle (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam) to employees according to AEPs detailed schedule
- Assist end users with backup and restore of data
- Assist employees with installation of applications
- Inventory and document large amounts of technology assets
- Currently located in centralized conference rooms
- Pallet appropriate equipment for eWaste pickup
- Strong customer-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based systems and non-windows environment / open systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in IT documentation and inventory management
- Experience in IT procurement process and vendor management
- A self-starter, able to work independently and resourceful in exploring out of box solutions
- Possess professional course (Diploma/Degree) in Computer Science /Information Technology or higher.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback.
- Talking customers through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Replacing or repairing the necessary parts.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment.
- Technical Support Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or information technology.
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco is advantageous.
- Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Roles and Responsibilities (R&R):
An Engineer works on-site or remotely to maintaining hardware and fixing technical problems as quickly as possible. Provide first-time resolution by troubleshooting and diagnosing or escalating faults (or both) to service desk managers, incident managers and problem managers to investigate and resolve.
Wide variety of user-facing resources, including:
- Desktop and notebook computers, desktop operating systems and applications, smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other mobile devices, mobile, web and cloud applications, and virtual desktops, and applications.
- Set up and configure new laptops/desktops, install authorised software to laptops/desktops as needed and disable access to expired accounts in accordance with company policies.
- Escalate IT issues to next level responsible personnel where necessary e.g. critical issues for end user computing devices and servers.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to employees for a range of hardware and software related systems.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users, which includes trouble shooting, fault rectification and problem escalation.
- Provides effective and timely resolution of users' problems, queries, or complaints.
- Assist in hardware and software evaluation and recommends upgrades or improvements to IT infrastructure.
- IT procurement, inventory management, User guide and policy creation and documentation
- Windows management and security tools, and Enterprise mobility management software, which includes mobile device management and mobile application management.
- Desktop and application virtualization platforms and management tools, and enterprise file sync and share services.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per company procedures.
- Tools that provide monitoring and management of both physical and virtual desktops and applications which uses virtualization to create mobile-friendly versions of Windows and web apps, enforce mobile device management policies including VDI's.
- Workspace suites, which aim to provide centralized consoles where end users can access all their required applications and data, and IT can securely manage that access.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and shortcomings
- MCSE: Messaging/Communication/Server Infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years design and deployment experience with Microsoft Lync and Exchange
- Knowledge and followed Project Management methodologies in terms of the delivery of projects
Supporting virtual environments
- Workstation Engineering Services: Operating system development and maintenance, desktop automation and scripting expertise, and expertise with leading software distribution tools.
- Technology Deployment Services: Dedicated project team, standard deployment methodologies, flexible deployment solutions, same day turnaround, and innovative technology to minimize user disruption.
- Break/Fix Services and Warranty Repair: Support for all major OEM devices (including Lenovo, Apple, Dell, Toshiba, HP, Fujitsu), A+ certified technicians, same day repair capabilities, and global parts sourcing.
- Asset Management Services: Global unified system to track all transactions, and country, regional and global view of assets.
- Device Management: Procurement assistance, image development, configuration, global deployment, break fix, and end user support of digital health and mobile devices.
SYSMIND LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any discrimination. We promote and support a diverse workforce at all levels in the company. All job offers are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check and reference checks. Additionally passing the drug test may also be required. All contractors intending to work on SYSMIND's W2 are "at will" employees.