Our client is seeking a talented, energetic, ambitious and experienced Full Stack Developer who wants to join our software development team in Houston, TX. As a Software Developer you will have the opportunity to be a member of our global software development organization working with state-of-the-art tools and technologies to build the next wave of software applications for our global enterprise. You'll get the chance to interface with customers, create new products and web and mobile applications, and improve on existing systems and code. The products that you build will touch thousands of users across the globe.
• Develop full stack applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed. You should be comfortable with all layers of the stack, from the database to the front-end.
• Design database schemas.
• Full software development lifecycle, from design to implementation.
• Ship production code to a large customer base, and will take full ownership of your work, including testing and deployments.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs.
• Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles
• Interface with Software Quality Assurance and deployment teams.
• Identify and implement technical innovations to improve work processes.
• Work closely with product owners, users, and other senior developers to assure that business requirements are accurately represented in design and implementation phases.
• Receive direction from the software development manager and various business divisions.
• Independently troubleshoot and find solutions to complex issues & technical challenges
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS or related technical field of study
• 9+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of full stack experience developing and deploying applications
• 3+ years of database development experience, using SQL Server or Oracle, including designing tables, writing procedures, and optimizing queries for performance
• Experience developing and consuming APIs
• Experience with HTML, CSS / SCSS, and CSS FlexBox
• Experience writing complex SQL queries for SQL Server / Oracle
• Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
• Strong technical background with hands-on experience in designing, developing, and implementing software applications.
• Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies
• Experience with implementing unit tests in Jest, integration tests, Test Driven Development
• Strong development, analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to work independently
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to join an existing project and quickly become productive
• Must possess good teamwork skills and work effectively with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience in source code management (e.g. TFS, GitHub)
Nice To Have Skills:
• Experience with D3.js, Angular Material, and AgGrid
• Knowledge about Microsoft Azure, Power BI, and Entity Framework