Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you, and we wish you a great job search! Matthew Strassberg
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Machine Learning Engineer - Mission Driven Health Startup
Location: San Carlos, CA (you can work from home 5 days every 2 weeks)
The company's product is in the realms of health, mobile, AI, augmented reality, computer vision, HR benefits, and retail. It is a mission-driven company.
The company was named one of Fast Company's most innovative companies under 50 employees. Its founder has been named to Forbes 30 under 30.
The company has raised series A funding. It has about 35 employees and 10 engineers and is rapidly growing.
The company will pay a salary up to $200k plus annual performance bonuses (10-20% of salary) and equity which could be very lucrative.
- Pioneering the world’s first recommendation system of its kind at scale.
- About 50% research and 50% coding.
- You can use any programming language (typically they would expect either Python or Java or C++) as long as it can be productionized.
- You will own projects by yourself, ideally owning it all, but if needed you can get help from the CTO.
- About 50% computer vision, 50% recommendation systems. Some Deep Learning as well.
- Building / Experimenting with AI/ML models for a variety of tasks including facial landscape detection, recommendation systems).
- Building scalable systems and production ready models.
- Every day and week and month is slightly different, but it will generally be the traditional machine learning work flow of collecting data, processing it, pruning it, training models, then evaluating.
- Expertise in at least one of: 1) computer vision or 2) recommendation systems or 3) deep learning or 4) other machine learning.
- Either a PhD (best), Master's degree (2nd best) in Computer Science, with a focus on Machine Learning.
- At least 2 years (the more the better) of professional experience as a machine learning engineer.
- Extensive research experience in computer vision and recommendation systems.
Nice to have:
- Startup experience.
- Experience building a recommendation system in the retail space.
- Experience with Augmented Reality.
- A product manager mindset, always keeping in mind how you're driving the business.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: