Title: Suspension Release Engineer.
Location: Warren, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Suspension Release Engineer.
The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
- Task force lead for providing technical expertise & support on proposed design changes to suspension components, wheels and knuckles.
- Responsible for the planning & execution of work plans to assess design change proposals to ensure vehicle functional objectives are achieved or identify associated risks.
- Ensure deliverable timing of components and sub-systems for development testing.
- Oversight of component design, packaging, analysis & validation on identified enablers
The chassis suspension engineering specialist is responsible for the suspension component and system design, development, and engineering release for Company production vehicles. Takes part in development of vehicle functional objectives down to the component level, acquires ownership of those objectives. Works with Advanced Team on upfront development of suspension architectures. Participates in development of suspension kinematic and compliance models with the Chassis Virtual Analysis and Driving Dynamics groups. Moves forward with project ownership and executes engineering deliverables per Project Management KPI (Key Process Indicators) and time line Responsibilities include component design/development/package, management of DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report) for each component, engineering change management, engineering bill of material, support of prototype build using component build matrices, issues management via Company GIMS system, CAD model management in Company TeamCenter system, fastener design and assembly torque development. In addition, a suspension specialist would be required to take a leadership role in root cause analysis, containment, and permanent corrective action with critical and complicated vehicle issues. This task requires leading an extended team through PDCA activity from RCA through PCA.
- Bachelor Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Min of 10 years in Engineering Design and Development with Suspension Systems
- Experience with suspension system interaction with the rest of vehicle during durability and safety testing
- Experience with bringing together and leading a joint team using problem solving skills, design analysis, virtual and physical testing to analyze issues and create corrective actions.
- Experience with dealing with cross functional issues (Durability, Safety, NVH, Aero Thermal)
Additional Must Haves:
- Suspension experience a must – Someone who has dealt with suspension issues particularly with durability and impact testing
- This assignment will be hybrid with most of the time remote but able to support CTC and CGP vehicle reviews
- Travel is not planned for this assignment right now but may be required in the future to support the jeep assembly plant in Toledo.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or contact her at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Suspension Release Engineer (MI)
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.