ETLData ArchitectSQL ServerData WarehouseSQLArchitectural design
Oak Brook, IL
Our client is looking to add a Sr. Data Architect that will be a member of the IT Enterprise Data Warehouse team and is responsible for the architectural design solutions utilized to provision of data to our cloud data platform using data ingestion and transformation techniques. This position provides technical thought and architectural leadership to the EDW team to develop, implement, and support a complex Data Management environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with enterprise-wide business and IT senior management to understand and provide high level estimates on organizational projects and other IT initiatives
- Define and standardize architectural solutions for Data Ingestion, Transformation, and presentation layers within a Cloud Data Platform environment.
- Architectural design solutions with technical documentation for engineers to consume and implement.
- Compose and support creation of technical user stories based on architecture and project deliverables.
- High level presentation materials including data flow and environment diagrams for IT leadership and business leaders
- Work with analysts and BI team members to interpret and collect requirements to define viable solutions for the organization
- Design complex data analytics solutions integrating data spanning multiple disparate data sources
- Data modeling design and consultation Operational and Analytical data solutions including Staging/LandZone, Atomic/Data Vault, Semantic/Data Marts layers.
- Direct, participate and consult on ETL development and Semantic layer designs
- Mentor IT staff as needed to develop data analysis and data engineering skills
- Analyze disparate source data arriving from internal and external systems for integration into a single data platform to support operational and analytical solutions.
- Other duties as directed by management
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field, M.S. preferred
- Minimum five years of experience as a data architect
- Minimum 10 years of data engineering experience utilizing industry standard ETL/ELT tools and techniques
- Experience and detailed knowledge of a variety of database, MPP and cloud data platforms including SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL (ie MongoDB), Netezza and Snowflake.
- Expert level skill with complex SQL and proficient in SQL tuning techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud data services (or equivalent) utilizing Functions, Data Factory, Managed Instances, and data stores such as ADLS.
- Experience with a variety of data ingestion techniques and tools such as consumption and parsing of JSON docs, utilizing Event Hub topics and Data replication tools.
- Designing and implementation of Snowflake Data platform engineering solutions
- Data modeling experience using Data Vault, Star Schema techniques.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex data use cases through data analysis and business acumen
- Strong customer service skills and passion to work through obstacles to produce results
- Demonstrable technical thought leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to present and communicate data results to IT and business leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.