- cabling; rack/stack; information technology
PGTEK is currently searching for an entry-level Infrastructure/High-Performance Computing (HPC) Support Engineer with a focus on Linux and hardware troubleshooting. Prior experience is not necessarily required however a strong passion for Information Technology is mandatory. We are looking for bright, motivated, ambitious individuals who ideally possess a recent bachelor’s degree and/or various entry-level IT certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, etc. Individuals will get on the job training and those who show high aptitude will rapidly take on higher-level job duties and responsibilities within the Linux/HPC realm. This role is onsite in Livermore, CA.
Candidates are not expected to have all the desired skills but should be passionate in learning many of the skills listed.
- Assist with moving materials, HPC equipment and racks into final resting place within the datacenter
- Entry level system administration duties of various networks using Linux integrated into Windows Server Active Directory domains
- Perform top of rack cabling in accordance with configuration documents
- Manage operating system compliance, patching and upgrades
- Perform maintenance for hardware, including diagnostics and troubleshooting on multiple architectures
- Ensure the integrity and availability of applications as well as coordinate new application installations, upgrades, and customer support in classified areas.
- Responsible for maintaining backup/recovery procedures
Basic Qualifications (not required but nice to have):
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance at some point at the customer’s discretion
• Knowledge and experience with system administration of Linux distributions
• Demonstrated experience effectively performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Proven business acumen to manage multiple assignments and projects with the ability to balance technical requirements with business needs and affordability
• Demonstrated collaboration, including interpersonal and teaming skills
PGTEK is a true consulting organization dedicated to helping clients achieve their business and technology objectives utilizing our decades of experience and business relationships. PGTEK invests in the educational advancement of our staff by providing the necessary resources to complete Professional and Business Certifications. Our company is our people, and we treat them like family.
EOE, including disability/veterans