- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE
HYRBID - EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: San Diego, CA (Hybrid)
Our client is looking for a professional Embedded Software Engineer to execute the complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems that acquire, review, and analyze clinical patient data.
- Design software for embedded devices and systems based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements.
- Implement, develop, code, test, and debug system software.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Follow coding guidelines and consider system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Review design, review code, and test own software and software from other engineering staff.
- Assess third party and open-source software.
- Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance, and support departments in validating a new implementation.
- Design and implement software and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimize I / O performance.
- Develop and update technical documentation for the design, implementation, testing, deployment, sustaining of the software.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems, handling escalated service calls and document and repair errors related to software.
- Provide post-production support in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience will be considered in place of the degree.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++.
- Working with Linux in a command line environment using the following utilities: bash, sed, awk, grep, find, vi, diff, strings.
- Can install, configure, and maintain at least one major Linux distribution.
- Understands TCP / IP network concepts: IP address, netmask, UDP, MAC Address, arp, framing.
- Serial communication concepts: UART, I2C, SPI, RS-232, baud rates, flow control.
- Computer science concepts: Queuing theory, data structures, processes / threads, inter process communication, file systems, matricies, Big O notation, sorting, searching.
- Preferred - 3 Months after Hire
- SQL (especially SQLite).
- HTTPD, SSL certificates, certificate databases.
- Can install, configure, and maintain RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Advanced network concepts: IP Helper, tcpdump, wireshark, netcat (nc), iptables, dhcp / bootp, tftp.
- Web technologies including PHP, JSON, XML, Curl.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.