We’re searching for a Sr. Program Business Systems Analyst. This is a 12-month contract in Scottsdale, AZ. The Senior Program Business Systems Analyst assists in analyzing software requirements, procedures and problems to automate new or enhance existing software applications/systems.
Location Type: On-site/hybrid schedule preferred. Remote candidates may be considered.
- This person will need to be comfortable working among all business segments within our client.
- Being able to collaborate with Business/non-IT employees is important and yet still communicate with IT.
- Understanding business purpose, requirements, and processes; and being able to lead changes in business processes.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand software needs and define requirements; translate requirements into technical solutions; provide recommendations and contingency plans.
- Document business requirements and capabilities into Business and Technical Design Documents, use cases and stories.
- Lead planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Capture, document and design business, application and data workflows.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/ engineers and architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identify cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provide solutions to mitigate risk; develop contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Mentor Business Systems Analyst I and II.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to IT Business Systems Analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of business analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the software development life cycle, requirement modeling and process mapping techniques, operating systems (OS400/i5OS, Windows, Linux), databases (DB2, SQL Server), non-relational file structures, system design, analysis, and development methodologies, and quality assurance testing methodologies.
- Experience preparing and/or executing business and technical requirements, specifications, user manuals, test plans, test scripts and test cases is also necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio, is necessary.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.