- Computer Science
- Continuous Integration
- ISO 9000
Our client is seeking a contract DevOps Engineer to build, maintain, and enhance its DevOps configuration and deployment. This role will help our software development and deployments be robust, rigorous, traceable, and efficient.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Benefits - Three insurance levels, 401K + match, sick leave, and working with a great company!
**Work sponsorship is not available at this time**
- Develop and maintain an Azure cloud compute cluster, providing support to developers designing tools to be used on the cluster
- Provide high-level support for Docker/Podman container systems in a compute cluster environment
- Develop and maintain a SUSE Linux compute cluster, providing support to developers designing tools to be used on the cluster
Secondary responsibilities (not all of which need be met, but all of which would be useful):
- Build and maintain Ansible scripts defining the full deployment of Linux application and database servers with SELinux enforcing and FIPS mode enabled
- Deploy and maintain software development infrastructure (repository hosting, code review, CI/CD systems, etc.)
- Build and maintain internally-hosted Jenkins CI infrastructure
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of experience supporting software operations in a professional setting.
- Demonstrable expert capabilities with cloud tools, preferably Azure
- Experience deploying Linux servers with Ansible desired
- Strong experience configuring and using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems such as Jenkins
- Strong Linux and Windows OS skills desired
- Experience developing software under a quality program (e.g., ASME NQA-1, ISO 9000, etc.) desired
- Self-motivated: ability to seek out tasks and produce value aligned with team goals without waiting for next assignment desired
- Strong formal technical documentation skills desired
- Willingness to openly give and accept professional criticism desired
- Strong verbal communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
Compensation: $80 - $125 per hour
About Hansell Tierney: Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.