***WILL SPONSOR H1B***
***Hybrid, 3 days onsite, 2 days remote***
A prestigious financial firm is on the search for a Associate Principal, Site Reliability. This role will focus on the performance and availability of the company’s next generation cloud platform. They will enhance system reliability and develop productivity through automation. This associate principal will work with AWS, Containers, monitoring tools (Splunk), infrastructure as code (Terraform), etc.
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability and availability
- Architect, develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the team’s continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and code reviews
- Provide leadership within the team by guiding and mentoring junior members, and preparing stories for the sprint backlog
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, SignalFx, AppDynamics, Datadog, ELK, Prometheus or Grafana.
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go.
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ.
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Spinnaker, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.