QA Manager/Specialist - Data Center -- Candidates need to be highly experienced in Quality Assurance/Quality Control for structured cabling projects.
Location: DeKalb, IL - locals only, onsite role
- Develop overall quality plan to support the data center rollout, including quality around technical delivery, logistics, inventory controls
- Develop and maintain Noncompliance Register
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured installation and test plans.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates quality control and testing activities.
- Designs, develops, and executes QA scheduled reports (e.g. defects, installation deficiencies, project timelines and project level QA measurements)
- Identifies, records, and documents thoroughly and tracks deficiencies and corrective actions.
- Performs thorough review of all testing documentation.
- Monitors and inspects all operations that affect quality to align with industry and customer standards.
- Facilitates communications with internal and external teams to identify system requirements, failures, and process improvements.
- Monitors corrective action process results.
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming products and trains users to implement QC solutions.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, such as defects, marginal results, and project specific KPI's.
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Maintains all testing documentation.
- Trains installers, where necessary, on testing methodologies.
- Assists Project Manager with reporting requirements.
- Develop Quality plans and run books.
- Oversee testing and installations
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proven work experience in Infrastructure deployment.
- Proven work experience in Infrastructure quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of Project/Construction QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with QC implementation.
- Solid knowledge of testing and installation methodologies.
- Excellent MS Office and database skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management and decision making.
- An innovator and disruptor in your specialist field
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Additional Ideal Qualifications:
- Experience working in data center builds highly desirable
- Experience with fiber and copper performance testing highly desirable
- Certifications in QC is a strong advantage.
- RCDD and DCDC preferred
- Strong Knowledge of TIA and NEC Standards.
- Strong knowledge of BICSI and Data center installation standards.
- This position leads technical QA team but has no direct reports
Halcyon Solutions Inc.
Delivering the very best in IT talent and consulting for private, public and federal sector clients since 1992.