Title: Lead Android Developer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Pref candidates local to bay area but non -locals willing to work in PST work hours should be fine too.
Experience leading a team along with handson developement.
Description: This position will be in the eCommerce team, focused on building the best in class mobile app for our customers. Working in this team means that you will...
• Work with teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class mobile app, UI and services
• Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology (like AR, Visual Search, and NLP), innovating the future mobile apps and UI
• Try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production Minimum Qualifications
• BE with 3 years of experience in Android app development & software engineering
• Experience in writing extensive unit tests
• Experience in building scalable apps with MVVM architecture Preferred Qualifications • Experience in Android application development with extensive use of Kotlin and Android application frameworks
• Strong understanding of Android Development paradigm, memory management, network programming, concurrency, and multithreading.
• Good understanding of design patterns
• Own code quality and experience in writing extensive unit tests
• Proven ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks quickly
• Ability to deliver in Agile method (SCRUM)
• Excellent written communication and follow-up skills
2 rounds - 1st round @1 hour over video and coding and then a final round with the HM for a culture fit for 30 minutes on video (no coding).
7 months to begin with but this is for the Glass project so will go long term for at least 2 years or so
100% remote is OK
Must have skills:
Android Development - expert
MVVM architecture - expert