- Oracle RDBMS
Position: Sr. MongoDB with MySQL DBA
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
This job is for you if…
- You’re interested in a meaningful job at a growing technology company where you’ll work with a variety of technology solutions and be appreciated for doing your job well.
- When you see things that need improved you get working on a solution.
- You enjoy collaborating with highly skilled professionals with a passion for technology.
- You want to join a culture that embraces dynamic individuals with a focus on innovation.
A day in the life…
- Work with team members and clients by responding to ticket requests to complete services identified in Service Orders
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate issues
- Provide guidance and recommendations to clients to ensure best practices are followed for: architecture, performance, capacity, and monitoring
- Assist with deployment of monitoring and management toolsets
- Work with a variety of clients and supporting different technologies and solutions
- Act as Service Delivery Manager for a set of clients
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in assisting sale teams to close deals
- Work with Managed Service team members to continue to fine tune solution offering
- Act as a presales resource, when needed to assist in scoping customer engagements
- Work with vendors and OEM for escalations
- Excellent communication skills are a must! Due to the amount of client interaction required daily, candidates must have the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in emails, craft multi-page documentation, and speak fluent English on the phone.
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management skills and personal accountability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a rotating, on-call weekly schedule
- Based on client need, after-hours and weekend work may occasionally be required
What we are looking for…
- MongoDB database administration experience (7+ years) with production administration experience in a high availability 24x7 environment within a multi-site environment
- MongoDB administration, design & deployments
- Advise with MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Maintain MongoDB databases DB/objects
- MongoDB performance management, and scaling – including query tuning and working with development teams to address issues
- MongoDB security management
- Kubernetes Operator Percona Server for MongoDB
- Experience with MongoDB Replication
- Experience with Percona Cloud-Native Autonomous Database Initiative
- Experience with Percona Operator for MongoDB
- Solid experience supporting MySQL databases
- Replication and cloning design and solutions
- Experience with group replication and InnoDB Cluster highly desired
- Database Administration Experience (MongoDB and MySQL)
- Database system and application tuning
- Database upgrades and migrations
- Database performance tuning
- Backup design and disaster recovery plans and execution
- Good familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and PostgreSQL
- Experience with using ServiceNow and ITL Framework
- Experience with supporting environments in Azure and AWS.
- Previous MSP experience
- Experience with any of these clouds: AWS. Azure, and/or Oracle Cloud
- AWS Administration Experience
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (AWS EKS)
- Backups using Snapshots
- Storage (Amazon S3 variants)
- Cloud Watch environment monitoring integration
What you’ll get…
- A career with a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued.
- A career with a company that’s invested in your personal development, will offer a solid compensation package, and provides a great team environment
- The people here do their jobs well, care about one another, care about our customers and exercise good ethics and judgement
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
The successful person for this role will be highly experienced in MongoDB, MySQL and AWS administration.
Thanks and Regards,
Saturn Infotech, Inc.
M: , P: |