- Lead Scrum Master
Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Chandler, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $68.12 - 73.12 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Scrum Master, this will be a critical role on an agile team: enabling a team's nimbleness and successful delivery of customer-centric solutions by actively coaching growth of the members' agile skills and mindset. As a leader, it will be critical to ensure clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. This role coaches the team and its partners in good agile practices that focuses on delivering value, while guiding continuous improvement of their team.
The Scrum Master filling this role should have a technical background with proven experience in change management and not be afraid to raise issues and influence change while being comfortable with situations of ambiguity, conflict, and uncertainty. This role will be an important element of our agile development and delivery practice, helping realize our vision to continuously deliver customer value and improve the way we work.
- Emotionally intelligent, engaged, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
- Robust attention to detail and dedication to high quality deliverables
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to identify and use empirical data to identify areas of improvement
- Robust communication, analytical, critical thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 6 years' experience as a practicing Scrum Master
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experienced writing effective story maps, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Knowledge of patterns and practices for facilitation of agile teams
- Experienced team building skills working with various-sized, distributed or co-located teams
- Ability to serve multiple teams with highly complex deliverables
- 6 years of relevant technical experience in an Agile environment
- Detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile software development
- Experience with Agile/DevOps/Quality practices (hypothesis-driven development, test automation, TDD, BDD, FDD, ATDD, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI, CD) processes and tools
- Jira experience preferred (Dashboard creation, reporting analysis, JQL, etc.)
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills
- Able to identify and clearly communicate impact of risks to delivery with key business stakeholders and multiple levels of leadership.
Manage and develop Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity. Guide the teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint. Optimize scrum team velocity to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance. Oversee systemic impediments to team agility and guide the teams on methods to escalate. Deliver capabilities using agile practices while following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met. Partner with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards. Collaborate with product owners, program or project managers to communicate delivery of work product from the teams and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness. Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals. Interact with internal customers. Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements. Train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff. Required Qualifications: 5+ years of Practicing Agile Scrum Master experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.