Senior Linux Systems Engineer
****This is a 9+-month Contract Position*****
*****Candidates must be local to Colorado****
The Senior Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution Linux systems engineering for the Company’s Datacenter.
- Guide the creation, installation, and support for Linux systems.
- Utilize technical knowledge to design functional applications, databases, and networks.
- Perform as a lead within the team
- Using Gitlab, create workflows and CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive identification and adoption of best-in-class development.
- Design, develop, and implement platform enhancements and make recommendations for improvements.
- Schedule and coordinate multiple projects, communicate project requirements and objectives.
- 8+ years’ experience in Linux engineering and administration.
- Solid (RPM and Debian) Linux engineering, troubleshooting, testing and hardening experience.
- Strong experience in Automation/Scripting skills.
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and optimizing Linux filesystems.
- Practiced in Linux performance tuning.
- Skilled in writing, reading, and understanding YAML, and JSON files.
- Knowledge of CIS Workbench hardening, Linux Test Project, and eliciting test cases.
Equal opportunity employer.
VeriCour provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental), race, color, national origin, creed, religion, veteran status, military service, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, or pregnancy-related conditions. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training