- ETL tools
- Shell scripting
Our trading systems production engineering team is looking for a Database Engineer to join our team. You would join a diverse team of database administrators, software developers, and production engineers that are responsible for providing reliable platforms and services for our trading systems, including SQL and NoSQL databases, messaging middleware, reference data distribution, and observability and alerting solutions.
This person would join an existing group of application database administrators to assist with the administration, configuration, maintenance, and deployment of an existing environment of 150+ servers. This role would allow you to diagnose full stack problems across multiple systems and collaborate with systems engineers, developers, database administrators, and business users to share ideas and recommendations for solutions that increase and expand our database environment.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Supporting production operation of over 150 database servers used across a wide variety of systems and end-users.
- Supporting, operating, troubleshooting, and enhancing ETL processes to support both core business functionality and application specific needs.
- Design and implement highly available fault tolerant database platforms to support existing and new applications and use cases.
- Working with stakeholders to continuously improve our systems, including software and hardware upgrades, reliability improvements, monitoring and alerting, and performance tuning in order to meet ongoing business needs.
- Working with developers and end-users to improve the efficiency and performance of their database operations, including SQL tuning and write operations.
- Working with other teams to assist with diagnosing and remediating production incidents.
- Remediating and repairing database systems and production data to ensure trading systems have access to required data and services.
- Assisting in the archiving, regeneration, and repair of historical data.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a MySQL/MariaDB (operating on Linux) database administrator.
- Experience with large databases with tens of millions of rows and terabytes of data.
- Experience with multiple database systems, including MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to learn and maintain a legacy code base
- Hands on experience with SQL development, shell scripting, and Python.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica a plus
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Perforce, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins, or Ansible a plus
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.